Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a specific request to continue to post my rides, so here's one for Sunday. Please note that this is in the Sac/Folsom/EDH area. This is not Bay Area and I am not going to change my plans and ride your favorite century event.

Threadjacking notice posted so...

Leaving 9am from just outside Hagan Park in Rancho Cordova. Some flat riding, some rollers, then hills. And more hills. And a few more hills. Some steep, some long. Some short. Followed by some rollers and then more flat riding. Total distance will be somewhere between 75 and 100 miles, pending route.

Anyone interested?

·
Cyclocross fool
448 Posts
It's a little later than I want to ride, but I may start earlier and meet you along the way. What time do you think you might hit the hatchery, or Intel? Same route as before, or mixing it up?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure I'll hit the hatchery around 9:35 or 9:40. I tend to take it pretty easy on the ARBT. Different route from our last ride. This one starts out with Iron Point, Beatty, Serrano 1, and then heads South. I also plan to take a lunch break when we get back to Shingle Springs. There's a Subway there that has let me bring the bike in before.

That said, pending the rest of the week, I may be up for an earlier start.

Also, the weather is supposed to be a bit cooler. High around 70.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Guess who can't ride this Sunday.....I'm riding with my wife that day. She's pre-riding the AuburnTri corse with an Iowa Hill detour. It looks like the weather going to be perfect. Anyway, have fun. (BTW she's never been up Iowa Hill! :O)

·
Cyclocross fool
448 Posts
Hey Joel - I'll probably see you at the hatchery. I'm starting earlier, and I'll probably bail out after Beatty or Serrano to be home by 11-ish. If I'm not there by 945 or so, don't wait around too much. See ya tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent route. Just shy of 6000 feet. 81 miles from my front door. Could very easily be turned in to a century (next time).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts