Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the normal response time is for BWW with regards to e-mails? Their website says that e-mail is the best means of communication since are not always able to get to the phone. I sent an e-mail two days ago about recommendations for a wheelset but have not heard anything back. Am I being impatient and need to give it a few more days or should I just give them a call?

·
Registered
403 Posts
FWIW, I never got a response to an email I sent a while back (2 weeks ago maybe).

I ended up buying elsewhere anyways, buy you might want to try calling instead.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually looked at Performance this morning since they have the wheelset on sale, plus an additional 10% off for today only, but they want $57.00 to ship them to my house so that pretty much voids the savings.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a response today with several suggestions that just added to my confusion, I am going to give them a call since that will be easier then e-mail.

·
Registered
269 Posts
js1221 said:
I actually looked at Performance this morning since they have the wheelset on sale, plus an additional 10% off for today only, but they want $57.00 to ship them to my house so that pretty much voids the savings.
If you are near a store, they'll ship to the store for free.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
outofthesaddle said:
If you are near a store, they'll ship to the store for free.
I thought so too but they are saying that the wheelset is considered "overweight" and the charge will be $24.00 to ship it to the store. I sent an e-mail to customer service but they never responded.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
performance

js1221 said:
I thought so too but they are saying that the wheelset is considered "overweight" and the charge will be $24.00 to ship it to the store. I sent an e-mail to customer service but they never responded.
This doesn't sound right. I have bought 3 sets of Ultegra/Open Pro wheels from Performance and had all of them shipped to a nearby store for free. Talk to someone else. It costs Performance nothing to ship to one of their stores because they are make regular deliveries there anyway.

All of the wheelsets I've bought from Performance have been well made with no need to true or tension the spokes after receiving them. I don't think I have broken a single spoke or needed truing on any of these wheel sets yet, and they all have more than 5,000 miles of use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I contacted BWW about two weeks ago by email and receveied a response in less than 24 hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts