autogrammkarte_normann_prin

It could to be the strongest field ever assembled at Challenge Roth as two time Kona Ironman World Champion and Commerzbank athlete Normann Stadler is set to challenge titleholder Michael Göhner and Eneko Llanos from Spain, the winner of Ironman Lanzarote and Abu Dhabi Triathlon 2010. Also scheduled to race are Rutger Beke and Rasmus Henning, two experienced triathletes with top 10 Hawaii finishes under their belts, and 26-year-old Sebastian Kienle who has already duelled Stadler numerous times over shorter distances.

The 37-year-old athlete from Mannheim noted, "It will be a fight between the young and the experienced triathlon generation. I'm looking forward to that and I've done my homework." Stadler is setting his sights on a new bike split record aboard his new SCOTT Plasma3. Last year he already went extremely fast on the bike course in 4:14:42 hours - only 26 seconds shy of the world record. On Sunday it will be the very first time that Stadler rides the most aerodynamic triathlon bike in the world over the Ironman distance: "The SCOTT Plasma3 is a phenomenal racer. All tests were excellent. But finally it's still me where the power comes from", laughs Normann Stadler.

plasma3_features

1. Aerodynamic shape combined with structural performance
- Drag optimized profile on all tube sections
- All tubes meet UCI-legal 3:1 ratios

plasma3_2

2. Fully integrated frame and stem system
- Toptube and stem continuity
- 40mm rise stem
- Stem available in 75mm or 90mm lengths, additional rise can be attained with aero bar/pad spacing. Integrated cable routing

plasma3_1

3. Twin Turbo oversized chainstays
- Integrated rear brake
- Integrated bottom bracket

plasma3_3

4. Adjustable Seatpost- adjustable seat clamp allows for adjustment between 73-80º of seat tube angle