Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
A note for the history buffs.

The NCR trail goes over the right of way of the North Central railroad, which went from Baltimore to York, Pa. This is the same route that Abraham Lincoln took when he traveled from Springfield to Washington in 1861 and from Washington to Gettysburg in November 1863 to deliver his now-famous Address. It also was part of the route of Lincoln's funeral train in 1865.

The NCR trail is great for people like Zeytin who can ride on a beautiful Monday. :p However, it is a zoo on nice, summer weekends. Maybe one day I will play hookey from work and ride the trail. Although several of my rides intersect the trail, I have not ridden on it in years.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
zeytin said:
Mark, thanks for the background I didn't know that. Welcome back we've missed you on recent posts.

S
I was on the other side of the pond for two weeks at the beginning of the month and it took a few days for me to recover from my the trip home, which took 43 hours from the time I was supposed to leave Paris last Wednesday to the time I arrived back at BWI. WIthout giving all of the gory details, my Icelandair flight from Paris to Iceland was delayed by 10 hours, which caused me to miss my connection to BWI. Iceland is a God forsaken waste. The natives are the most unfriendly people I ever have met and what I saw of the country (i.e., the area between the airport and Reykjavic) isn't much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts