Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Steel_SSer said:
What about cutting off the open end, griding it smooth then attaching it with 2 zip ties that have quick releases - toss in a small piece of inner tube between the frame & wrench - box end up so it won't slide out if it slides.
I haven't seen zip ties like that but I will look for them, thank you. I am always worried it's going to slip out of my back pocket.

·
Registered
152 Posts
zeytin said:
High Rouleur

I've heard there are places to get water and stuff on the Pennsylvannia end, is that correct? Are there many road crossings? I am hoping to do some round trip rides on it this spring or summer and would like a lunch destination on the northern end before I turn around to return.

Thanks for any info.
Road crossings? Oh yes. Luckily there's rarely any traffic, so they're little more than slight inconveniences.

In New Freedom, very close to the MD line, there's the Whistle Stop bike shop on the right along the trail...mostly lower-end stuff, but the owners are great and they can help you refuel. If you're a gearhead bike geek like me, see if Ed will take you into the back rooms of the shop--it's a virtual museum. My favorite is the belt-drive mountain bike.

Further north, in Seven Valleys, there's a cafe that just opened last year, Serenity Station. I haven't been there yet but I hear the food is very good, and they have outdoor seating along the trail. I'm sure they also have bottled water and other drinks.

Also, I believe in Hanover Junction, just south of Seven Valleys, there are vending machines and possibly a water fountain. I know there are bathrooms, so there's some water if you're that desperate.

Hope that helps!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you that's great. I don't have a lot of storage space on the fixie for water bottles and such. In addition I thought it would be nice to stop and have lunch before making the return trip. Your information is very helpful.

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Nice shots. I have crossed over the trail in several spots in Balt. County but have never ridden the trail. Gotta do it sometime.

My idea on the wrench. Cut off the open end. If it will fit in the end of your handlebar. After you cut it off and round it smooth, drill a small hole near the end of the ground off part. Drill a small hole in your cork end caps. Tie off a thin nylon rope to both ends and wrap the wrench in thin cloth and put in the handlebar and plug it with the cork. It you need it you just pull out the cork and the wrench will follow.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
bigrider said:
Nice shots. I have crossed over the trail in several spots in Balt. County but have never ridden the trail. Gotta do it sometime.

My idea on the wrench. Cut off the open end. If it will fit in the end of your handlebar. After you cut it off and round it smooth, drill a small hole near the end of the ground off part. Drill a small hole in your cork end caps. Tie off a thin nylon rope to both ends and wrap the wrench in thin cloth and put in the handlebar and plug it with the cork. It you need it you just pull out the cork and the wrench will follow.
Next time hop on the trail, it's nice. I've often seen road bikes although it's a bit mucky in small spots after the rain. Maybe we need an RBR ride on the NCR... ;)
I'll check that idea on the wrench, thanks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts