Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
my legs hurt
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in norwalk for 5 more weeks for job training and the apt complex where i'm staying nixed the idea of bringing my mtn bike into my apt, so here I am with a perfectly good road bike looking for some nice rides. My apt is basically at the intersection of rt 15 and rt 7 and today i went exploring on the residential streets around my neighborhood. Next weekend (yes, work keeps me very busy during the week) I'd like to go for a little longer ride (think 30-40 miles). Any nice long relatively traffic free roads in the area? i'm willing to drive a little ways, provided there's parking available (ie: don't want to just leave my car on side of road and start riding).

Alternately, if anyone in the area wants to go for a ride with a very slow rider (think 5 months off the bike and wasnt in that great of shape to begin with) and show me the area please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Westport

Check out this route starting in Westport which, from the description of where you're staying, is only 2 exits north on the Merritt. There is a commuter parking lot right next to the exit (north side of Merritt) where you can leave your car.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=98933

My mother-in-law lives nearby to this route and I rode it several times last spring while training for the Central CT MS Ride. The route has a fair amount of climbing and is pretty rural considering it's Fairfield County. Be sure to take the turn onto Ford Rd after mile 22. It has a nice steep (but very short) climb to end the loop.

Cheers,
PCM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.