Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slow morning here. i ended up in the rabbithole of imdb and stumbled upon stand by me. i havent seen the flick in years, but reading the trivia and quotes brought back memories of when that movie came out and our reactions to it. you know, how my friends and i would watch it, quote it, etc. oftentimes we would sing the lil songs in the movie.

then it occurred to me that i was being nostalgic for a time i never lived through. i had this weird wrinkle in time moment where i was wishing i was back with my friends singing the ballad of paladin, even though none of us had ever seen the show.

happy days has the same effect for the most part, although i was younger then.

(btw, the writer starts by saying he was 12 when he saw his first dead body. did he not attend his brothers funeral? and i used to look like vern...)

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
That was a great movie with allot of big names. And another great 80's era movie. I have just started introducing some of them to my teens. I had forgottent about this one and will have to add it to the list.

the Fonz; don't think henry ever outlived that image.

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
Loved Blade Runner from the 80's too. looking back; not a bad sci-fi flick for the time.

Am I emo if I say I like the Breakfast Club too?.:)

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny you mention breakfast club. the rabbithole i followed to stand by me started with bridge on the river kwai and led to breakfast club (whistling the theme) and stand by me (bridge scene).

lot8con8 said:
Loved Blade Runner from the 80's too. looking back; not a bad sci-fi flick for the time.

Am I emo if I say I like the Breakfast Club too?.:)

·
Super Moderator
40,612 Posts
weltyed said:
slow morning here. i ended up in the rabbithole of imdb and stumbled upon stand by me. i havent seen the flick in years, but reading the trivia and quotes brought back memories of when that movie came out and our reactions to it. you know, how my friends and i would watch it, quote it, etc. oftentimes we would sing the lil songs in the movie.

then it occurred to me that i was being nostalgic for a time i never lived through. i had this weird wrinkle in time moment where i was wishing i was back with my friends singing the ballad of paladin, even though none of us had ever seen the show.

happy days has the same effect for the most part, although i was younger then.

(btw, the writer starts by saying he was 12 when he saw his first dead body. did he not attend his brothers funeral? and i used to look like vern...)
The weirdest trivia I've heard about that movie is that the character of "Verne" is married to Rebecca Romjin in real life.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,268 Posts
Phillippec -- Have Bike. Will Travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts