Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm still on vacation, I decided to make a special dinner for the folks and I.

I found a recipe for Steak Diane in cookinglight.com. Ah-ha! Perfect! Off to Safeway, where I p!ss off the butcher when I make her cut me three filets - 1 inch thick. She is astounded I am not interested in the 2 1/2" thick steaks already cut. I explain one of the steaks she has in the case would serve 3 people. She glares.

Accompanied by asparagas, and Alexia Potatoes - Oven Reds with Olive Oil, Parmesan, and Roasted Garlic. (Yep, frozen taters - they are fantastic!)

I set to work cooking, Dad sees me bustling about, and decides "Oh! Filets! Open a bottle of wine - not 2-buck Chuck." As he's opening it he says "I'm down to the wine that I don't know who brought it, or where it came from". I pause....nah, he wouldn't. I turn and look. It's a bottle of Muga Rioja I bought a while back, after a friend and I went to a Spanish Wine tasting. It's been stashed in the "wine cupboard" until I could decide what kind of meal to serve it with. I was going to invite my brother and sister-in-law over, and share it with them and the folks. Sigh.

Dinner was grand, if I do say so myself. And the wine was lovely.....

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yer a real beoch for posting that, cafeteria wench! ;)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG, that is too funny. Coffee all over the laptop....

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
firstrax said:
Jeez, Steak, wine and Alexia Potatoes. Whats next fine art?
Bob Ross painted Snap's dog? I thought he only painted "happy trees"?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Bob Ross painted Snap's dog? I thought he only painted "happy trees"?
I think this is what he likes to call "a happy little accident" ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts