Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started doing lunchtime bike rides years ago, back around '01 or so. It's a good, easy convenient way to slip in one hour on the bike, and not sacrifice time for anything else, family, work, sleep,etc.

Took a new job 2 months ago, back into public accounting again. That means long hours this time of year, and lots of tax returns. But I insist on fitting my bike riding in, even though I have cut way back. I work 60 hours per week, from 8 am until whenever, everyday, including Sundays. I have tried getting up at 5:30 and riding, but I am so tired that I cannot get my efforts up.

Today, I snuck in a wonderful one hour on the road, right out of my office. Great weather, around 60, windy as heck, and sunny as all get out. Plus, the 20 year old receptionist with the great boobies checked out yours truly on my way back in and "approved".

Life is going good. Not going to let the demands of others interfere with what amounts to no more than 4-5 hours per week of ride-time....:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's truth to what every financial advisor will tell you: "Pay yourself first."

That advice should not be constrained to one's finances.

tdh

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
ashpelham said:
Today, I snuck in a wonderful one hour on the road, right out of my office. Great weather, around 60, windy as heck, and sunny as all get out. Plus, the 20 year old receptionist with the great boobies checked out yours truly on my way back in and "approved".

Post a pic. Not of you, of her!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bean counters and mgmt take note:

Productivity increases when employees are afforded time to recreate/socialize. I have huge issues with "squeezing in" any sort of activity, but then I'm in the enviable position of not having to "squeeze in" anything.

But this goes back to perceptions -- If you view riding during the lunch hour as a "break" then it's recreation. If you view it as "working to get into shape" then it's "work."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.