Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying cycling.tv for 3 years now as a premium subscriber. I have a laptop and watched the latest classic race from Europe on demand as it fit my schedule. I was very happy with cycling.tv, all in all. A couple of weeks ago I got a shock. Instead of showing the race I got a message: NOT IN YOUR COUNTRY. I rechecked the listings and the race was not to be available in Belgium and some other European countries where it was probably being televised. After some back and forth with the cycling.tv tech folks I convinced them I was not in Europe and that nothing had changed on my end as far as internet connection or computer. They finally admitted they had installed a new system to make sure viewers in banned countries no longer had access to programing. Something about the way my service provider links to the internet trips this new filter. I was informed they could or would do nothing. I was out of luck. No more cycling.tv coverage of major European races. They offered a refund. I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience? I want to warn others to make sure their connection works before subscribing.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
wiles said:
I have been enjoying cycling.tv for 3 years now as a premium subscriber. I have a laptop and watched the latest classic race from Europe on demand as it fit my schedule. I was very happy with cycling.tv, all in all. A couple of weeks ago I got a shock. Instead of showing the race I got a message: NOT IN YOUR COUNTRY. I rechecked the listings and the race was not to be available in Belgium and some other European countries where it was probably being televised. After some back and forth with the cycling.tv tech folks I convinced them I was not in Europe and that nothing had changed on my end as far as internet connection or computer. They finally admitted they had installed a new system to make sure viewers in banned countries no longer had access to programing. Something about the way my service provider links to the internet trips this new filter. I was informed they could or would do nothing. I was out of luck. No more cycling.tv coverage of major European races. They offered a refund. I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience? I want to warn others to make sure their connection works before subscribing.
Where do you live?
I subscribed to gold 'North America' and haven't had any problems.
BTW I'm in Canada.
I also admit that this year their service has been near exemplary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts