Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built up a special wheelset for my fixie.
Rims are Mavic GL 330's, front hub is an old Campy Record, rear is a Miche Pista, all laced together with DT Revolutions and brass nipples.
I thought I had been enjoying 28's on my commuter wheelset, so I ordered Challenge Paris / Roubaix 27's
Well, maybe I should have checked the sidewall, because I had been enjoying 25's.
But that's OK, the 27's are amazing! Rolling down typical New England roads as if my tax dollars were actually being put to good use. I know the roads are cracked and broken, but they sure feel a lot smoother.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Definitely old school rims.:thumbsup:

I have a set of FiR ST120's that could be a similar build someday....and yes the ride of those would be sweet as well.:p

"Race wheels - not" :eek: They are perfect race wheels...but who wants good riding, bulletproof, easily repaired wheels anymore anyways.:D

BTW...I have the Pedros bag ( the one made from tire tubes) that fits a tubular and needed supplies, very tightly.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Also old school lacing for a 32-hole hub/rim.
Good memories!
Nice wheelset!

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
The Green Hour said:
Definitely old school rims.:thumbsup:

I have a set of FiR ST120's that could be a similar build someday....and yes the ride of those would be sweet as well.:p

"Race wheels - not" :eek: They are perfect race wheels...but who wants good riding, bulletproof, easily repaired wheels anymore anyways.:D

BTW...I have the Pedros bag ( the one made from tire tubes) that fits a tubular and needed supplies, very tightly.

tubie sacks not too common these days.. arundel makes a nice looking one, might be smaller than the jandd tho

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Vittoria Pit Stop and an extra CO2 cartridge work for me.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
Chellenge Toobies

Are those toobies that "pair and a spare" deal from Yellow Jersey? How do you like 'em? For my knock around toobies, I used to get Vittoria Rally's but they are now about $25.00 a tire when they are on sale.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JaeP said:
Are those toobies that "pair and a spare" deal from Yellow Jersey? How do you like 'em? For my knock around toobies, I used to get Vittoria Rally's but they are now about $25.00 a tire when they are on sale.
No,but that's a killer deal, thanks for the tip.

These are 27mm, w/ latex tubes, and were not cheap. I bought them locally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.