Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
MB1 said:
Anyway this was the day of the big local century ride, the "Horrible Hundred" where the organizers manage this; Enjoy quiet country roads and true Southern hospitality while tackling Central Florida's "mountains". Dance on the tips of your pedals up "Sugarloaf". Swoop through the descents on "Buckhill". Suffer the dead-start ascent of "Grassy Lake". But first you've gotta hit "The Wall". Century riders will confront all seven of Central Florida's mountains.

That is right, all seven of Central Florida's "Mountains" (funny, I thought to qualify as a mountain it had to be over 1,000' :rolleyes: ).
Since we ride on those roads most days of the week and we really find no joy in riding with large groups we headed south to the Van Fleet Trail and the Green Swamp to do some exploring.

It started out as a beautiful day for riding and as it turned out, a fine day for hunting. :yikes:

I managed to climb Sugarloaf "Mountain." :p Yes, that mountain that is 312 feet above sea level. I did it during an organized century back in 2004 or 2005. They even had photographers at the top so that riders could buy photos of their having survived the Florida Alps.

I'm happy to see that you and Miss M are having fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts