1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch!

==================================

Bode Disqualified From Combined
Bode Miller's controversial ways continue unabated in the Torino Games. Miller has been disqualified from the men's combined for straddling a gate in a slalom run. He was leading the two-discipline event after the downhill portion Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Dsq...

chuckice said:
Ouch!

==================================

Bode Disqualified From Combined
Bode Miller's controversial ways continue unabated in the Torino Games. Miller has been disqualified from the men's combined for straddling a gate in a slalom run. He was leading the two-discipline event after the downhill portion Tuesday morning.
Yep, he got tossed on this one. It's not a controversial decision though, or there was nothing controversial about it. He was leading, his tip clipped again, and like they say in the NFL, "Upon further review..." Got to go through all the gates Bode, got to get them all. That being said, being super tight means you're fast on the slalom, which he was. Too bad. Now we turn to GS and Slalom and Super G.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
magnolialover said:
Yep, he got tossed on this one. It's not a controversial decision though, or there was nothing controversial about it. He was leading, his tip clipped again, and like they say in the NFL, "Upon further review..." Got to go through all the gates Bode, got to get them all. That being said, being super tight means you're fast on the slalom, which he was. Too bad. Now we turn to GS and Slalom and Super G.
It isn't like it hasn't happened before.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
magnolialover said:
He hardly got "tossed." He missed a gate, which is automatic DQ.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I'm sure it was because.....

he is a drunk and a loser.....(tongue firmly in cheek).

Len

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Len J said:
he is a drunk and a loser.....(tongue firmly in cheek).

Len
take the tongue out, he drinks, often to excess, ergo, he is a loser......

in other news, the ADDA (Association of Drunk and/or Doped Athletes) is contemplating a defamation lawsuit against the media. Said media spokesperson Hugh Jazz Splifff, "once we're done partying here in Torino, we're gonna pursue some serious action that isn't female....."

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Umm, yeah...

mohair_chair said:
He hardly got "tossed." He missed a gate, which is automatic DQ.
Umm, yeah, I knew that, having been a ski racer in a former life. I'm down with the lingo and know the rules, when I said he got "tossed" meant, he got DSQed for missing said gate. No big deal, well, big deal cause he was winning at the time, but it does happen a lot to especially faster racers as they're taking the straightest, tightest and hence fastest lines through the course.

·
Registered
543 Posts
magnolialover said:
Why do you think that?
Well my guess and it is only a guess but IMO I don't think it is a good thing to get disqualified. Again I might be wrong and if it is a good thing to be disqualified then therefore it would bode well. But I'll go out on a limb and say disqualification does not bode well. But don't kill me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Disqualification...

geraldatwork said:
Well my guess and it is only a guess but IMO I don't think it is a good thing to get disqualified. Again I might be wrong and if it is a good thing to be disqualified then therefore it would bode well. But I'll go out on a limb and say disqualification does not bode well. But don't kill me if I'm wrong.
DSQ is never a good thing, because you don't get to finish out the race, especially one that you're leading at the time. This was not some wild official, or someone who had it out for Miller, he missed a gate, they reviewed it, and you get disqualified for something like that. It just sounds a lot worse than it really is. It's bad because there is a good chance he would have taken the event. It doesn't really mean anything for future events, as it only applies to this one event. Again, missing a gate is common when you're fast, and when you're skiing a tight line (especially in slalom), and since you are moving fast (Miller is one of the top slalom skiers in the world right now), you miss a gate, there's really no chance to go back and get it and still win.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Doesn't bode well...

kpcw said:
Yes, but Gerald is saying that is just doesn't bode well, it is not a good thing etc. That's all he's saying...
Yeah, it doesn't bode well for that event, it has no bearing whatsoever on the others is what I was trying to get through is all. It stinks to high heaven that he got DSQ'd when he was winning, and I would say that it bodes well actually, because his slalom was fast, super fast, in the first run today. So let me turn that around. It appears it bodes well, as his slalom run was good, bodes well for later on in the week.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
No..

kpcw said:
USA women's hockey was trailing 3-1, Finland played cautiously which did not bode well and now USA leads 4-3. Are you watching.
I am at work, no TV here.

We are talking about 2 different things here and 2 totally different situations.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
kpcw said:
Some bodacious blonde for USA just scored and now it is a bust, a 5-3 lead. Some bod on her!
she could, er, um, hip check me into the boards anyday if that's who I think you're refering to.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts