Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at a list of the Protour teams and started to laugh when I realized that 8 out of the 20 teams will wear blue uniforms, with at least 5 being almost identical. It beautifully illustrates the disorganization and incompetance of the UCI/Protour. Anyone who has ever organized a local beer-league knows that one of the cardinal rules is making sure teams have different colored uniforms. I think phil liggett is in for a tough year.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sponsors

Since professional cycling is all about sponsorship, you'd think they'd come up with something clearly discernable. Especially when you take into consideration that cycling is usually aired in extremely low quality pics...

·
Registered
96 Posts
off subject a little. Why dont they also put the names on the back of the jerseys like most other sports? Its hard for everyone to tell who's who from the back....

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's getting worse...Last year, only Bianchi -Liquigas and T-Mobile were the teams you could spot a time zone away owing to their garish color choices, with a nod to Phonak for the ugly yet visible green and yellow. There are a lot of unused combos without going to the extreme of neon green and hot pink!

I don't think the sponsors have really thought this through...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drevelo66 said:
It's getting worse...Last year, only Bianchi -Liquigas and T-Mobile were the teams you could spot a time zone away owing to their garish color choices, with a nod to Phonak for the ugly yet visible green and yellow. There are a lot of unused combos without going to the extreme of neon green and hot pink!

I don't think the sponsors have really thought this through...

Exactly my point. If I'm putting in cash, I'd be doing everything possible to distinguish my squad from the others flying down the road at 40 km/hr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts