130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July, I have a 11 day stretch that looks like:

3 days road racing
3 days off
3 days road racing
2 days off
1 day road race

I do have a couple years of racing under my belt but have never had so many races in a short span. Typically I do a race every weekend and my training is tailored to that.

Should I rework my training to ensure I can make it through alive or just continue with what I am used to?

Thanks,

Krishna

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
Active recovery on your inbetween days will make you ready for the next set of races. Then just go back to normal training. I would try to fit in a warm-down ride (~30 min) directly after each race. Anyone else want to pitch in?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
It wouldn't hurt, especially this far out, to start doing some block training -- i.e. make your training look (somewhat) like your proposed race schedule. Basically alternate 3 on/ 2 off/2 on/ 2 off, repeat. Basically alternating 2 and 3 day "work" blocks with 2 days of rest between. I find (uh when I'm not fat, like now), that doing a hard training day the day before a race or fast group ride is the way to go. It's much easier for me to get the "go hard" motivation by myself on day 1 than on the second or third day of the block, but generally the competition aspect brings out a little more on the mental commitment side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts