·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
atpjunkie said:
than beer and cookie primes for friday night at the velodrome
guy who made the cookies is a pastry chef
I raced extra hard
ahh the spoils of conquest
I won loaves of generic bread and tubs of gatorade powder at our track. Your track is way cooler.

·
waterproof*
41,610 Posts
The lovely wife of one of our local promoters owns a bakery. I will turn myself inside out for one of her cake primes.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
atpjunkie said:
than beer and cookie primes for friday night at the velodrome
guy who made the cookies is a pastry chef
I raced extra hard
ahh the spoils of conquest
You're racing track now?

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
I went out for something similar today, but

On back roads, not a velodrome
By myself - not with other people (mastur..... um.... what?)
Not for beer and cookies (I had to buy Gatorade and redbull, and bring my own Clif bars made in a factory, nit by a chef)
I was the recipient of massive leg cramps when I got off my bike, not the adulation of my peeps (which I don't have, either).

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I am

Bocephus Jones II said:
You're racing track now?
got a late start but using it to prime for cx
in the triple threat (3 sprints w regroups after) took 1st 2nd 1st and I'm not really a sprinter

in the last race, called 'indeterminate distance' where they don't tell you how many laps it is
there was an early prime. A guy jumped and I chased, I caught him after the finish, noticed we had a gap, yelled "let's go we have a gap" he was gassed so I went it alone. Held off a 3 man chase figuring I'd just collect alot of primes until getting caught. I was holding about 30-40 meters and one of the 3 blew up after a few more laps. "hmmm odds are improving keep hammering" "Beer Prime" yells the announcer, I dig again. 2 Man becomes 1 man chase and I'm starting to lap people. 'No way one guy is catching me', he's digging hard, crowd is cheering for him but he's eating wind like I am now. He's gaining as I enter turn 3, maybe 20 meters. I hit the home straight, 2 laps is up on the tally. Crowd is cheering for him to catch or me to stay away, I can't tell all I hear is my chain, wheels and blood pounding. I stand and kick at 2 laps, dig hard and open it up a little. It breaks him a bit but he isn't quitting, Bell Lap, one more dig, quads screaming for me to stop, I've been out alone about 3K but I can get this home. Leaving turn 2 1 more request from the legs, I'm leaking oil, blowing gaskets but shut it down into turns 3 and 4.
I sit up grab my tops and do the beer salute crossing the finish. Nice way to end the night.
I heart a 50x15, that's my wheelhouse.
The cookies were crazy good

·
What the Hell is going on
5,053 Posts
The only cycling prize I ever won was a prime on the velodrome. I won one bottled beer, Ballast Point Yellow Tail Ale, and a coupon for a free slice of pizza. Even though I luff pizza I had the coupon framed.

Good on ya ATP!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jae

JaeP said:
The only cycling prize I ever won was a prime on the velodrome. I won one bottled beer, Ballast Point Yellow Tail Ale, and a coupon for a free slice of pizza. Even though I luff pizza I had the coupon framed.

Good on ya ATP!
that was on the eve before yesterdays donut ride
tis why I have no sprint left at the end

cheeky move jumping across onto the service road......

I was 3rd but got pipped by 2 before the final line for 5th
didn't deserve that because I needed a red light to catch back up to the lead group

1 - 10 of 10 Posts