Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get up I have no way to know that the sunrise is going to be like. I like a nice colorful sky.

Didn't get it today.

My first photo was one I was looking for, a nice dark background for a well lit Washington Monument and Capital Dome.

Then I sat in front of Lincoln for a while waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened.

I moved over to the reflecting pool. Nothing was happening.

I rode over to the World War ll Memorial. Nothing was happening.

The sky was getting lighter as I looked back at Lincoln but nothing was happening in the sky.

I rode over to the grounds of the Washington Monument. Nothing going on there.

Up at the monument nothing was happening.

I rode by some DC housing, nothing going on there.

Got to work. Nothing happening (which is a really good thing where I work).
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After work I rode over to the George Mason Memorial to meet Miss M. Nothing was happening.

Nothing was so happening that I broke out the Newspaper.

Alas, before I got through the first section Miss M showed up.

Things were finally looking up.

Ride your bike.
 

· Twitterpated
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
MB1 said:
After work I rode over to the George Mason Memorial to meet Miss M. Nothing was happening.

Nothing was so happening that I broke out the Newspaper.

Alas, before I got through the first section Miss M showed up.

Things were finally looking up.

Ride your bike.
I don't know how you did this but it is a fun post! The last picture is my favorite because I'm a softy.

I've got two questions for you.

1. What is the distance of your commute?

2. Do you wear a tie at work?

Just wondering,
Tshirt
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
MB1 said:
After work I rode over to the George Mason Memorial to meet Miss M. Nothing was happening.

Nothing was so happening that I broke out the Newspaper.

Alas, before I got through the first section Miss M showed up.

Things were finally looking up.

Ride your bike.

Stalker trouble again huh!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T-shirt said:
I don't know how you did this but it is a fun post! The last picture is my favorite because I'm a softy.

I've got two questions for you.

1. What is the distance of your commute?

2. Do you wear a tie at work?

Just wondering,
Tshirt
Used a tripod and the cameras self timer.

As long as I want it to be (never less than 4 miles) usually around 20 miles.

Sometimes (if I feel like it-I think ties are fun) almost always on casual Friday.
 

· Twitterpated
Joined
·
3,118 Posts
MB1 said:
Used a tripod and the cameras self timer.

As long as I want it to be (never less than 4 miles) usually around 20 miles.

Sometimes (if I feel like it-I think ties are fun) almost always on casual Friday.
Thanks. I was just wondering. Having the option to wear what you want is nice. I commuted by bike for a couple of years while working at a bank (tie required). The riding was fun but keeping my close nice, especially during snowy winters and hot summers was not fun.

Having no option to leave a weeks worth of clothes at the bank, I brought everything with me each day on the commute. My dress pants would get folded and put in my backpack. On the bike, I'd wear jeans or shorts depending on the weather. I would wear my shirt and tie, with the tie tucked into the shirt so that it didn't flap around. Clothes getting wrinkled from the ride was a constant worry. I *hate* wrinkles.

The trip was four miles. In the summer I would leave exta early riding in a low gear so that I wouldn't get too hot sweaty. In the winter my mountain bike worked surprising well on the snow covered streets. My bike slid out from under me only once. A car was far enough behind me that getting out of the way was easy, but it scared me a little. Another day, I endo'ed right into some slush, sliding quite a ways. My jeans and coat got soaked, but the work clothes all stayed dry, thankfully.

Over all, bike commuting was a positive experience and I would do it again. I'm older now and don't worry as much about wrinkled clothes.

Thanks,
Tshirt

 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not so rare to be quiet in the early morning.

KendleFox said:
nothing is a good thing. I didnt know such a big city could be so quiet looking. Thanks you for the post... :aureola:
Very rare after 10 ish, unheard of on weekends.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top