Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,
Wow, what a lunch break. Nothing like sitting in front of the tv and seeing Sweden win not one, but two gold medals in the cross-country skiing sprint finals today. Here's to Anna Dahlberg and Lina Andersson, who won Sweden's first gold medal, followed by Tobias Fredriksson and Bjorn Lind in the men's sprint. What an inspiration for all Team Sweden. Hopefully this will inspire our athletes in Men's and Women's hockey, biathlon and women's slalom, downhill and gs to perform. Gosh, I was tearing up and screaming as they crossed the finish line. Then I teared up again during the Swedish national anthem.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Good morning everyone,
Wow, what a lunch break. Nothing like sitting in front of the tv and seeing Sweden win not one, but two gold medals in the cross-country skiing sprint finals today. Here's to Anna Dahlberg and Lina Andersson, who won Sweden's first gold medal, followed by Tobias Fredriksson and Bjorn Lind in the men's sprint. What an inspiration for all Team Sweden. Hopefully this will inspire our athletes in Men's and Women's hockey, biathlon and women's slalom, downhill and gs to perform. Gosh, I was tearing up and screaming as they crossed the finish line. Then I teared up again during the Swedish national anthem.
Cheers, Wayne
OMFG, you've gone "native"! Why do you hate Canada? ;)

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
So this is obviously the XC event where you have to carry your teammate around the course? Then do you shoot at something? Can you put the teammate down first, or does the teammate do the shooting? Do they switch off during the race? Is piggy back riding okay? I'm so confused with these Nordic sports.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
mohair_chair said:
So this is obviously the XC event where you have to carry your teammate around the course? Then do you shoot at something? Can you put the teammate down first, or does the teammate do the shooting? Do they switch off during the race? Is piggy back riding okay? I'm so confused with these Nordic sports.
They don't switch and you win the teammate's weight in beer, I think.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Good morning everyone,
Cheers, Wayne
I like big butts and I can not lie You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist ...

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
107 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Between the Women Cross Country Skiers and the Speed Skaters, us lovers of lycra covered muscle booty are in heaven. One reason I love Women bikers so much!

G

·
cmatcan said:
wayne, you're supposed to be canadian!!! what is the meaning of this???

I'd like to know who he was cheering for this morning in Women's Hockey --> Canada v. Sweden??

Wayne - who were you cheering for?? Hmm?

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i'm not picky.
J and kpcw, you guys are idiots.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cmatcan said:
wayne, you're supposed to be canadian!!! what is the meaning of this???
I've been living here for so long that I just naturally cheer for the Sweden. The only part of Team Canada that I really cheer for is the men's and women's hockey. However, if Canada plays Sweden, like this afternoon, I'll go for Canada of course. Lots of question marks surrounding the Peter Forsberg and whether or not he'll play. As for this afternoon's women's match between Canada and Sweden, it was pretty much expected that Canada would win.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Hate to break this to you BJ, but it's a bad camera angle. No big butt on Lina Andersson. She is fit as heck and with a behind to die for. :)

G

·
wayneanneli said:
I've been living here for so long that I just naturally cheer for the Sweden. The only part of Team Canada that I really cheer for is the men's and women's hockey. However, if Canada plays Sweden, like this afternoon, I'll go for Canada of course. Lots of question marks surrounding the Peter Forsberg and whether or not he'll play. As for this afternoon's women's match between Canada and Sweden, it was pretty much expected that Canada would win.

Geez Wayne, I watched that covergae at lunch.

That was Becky Scott who came second, you were cheering for Sweden to beat Canada in XC skiing, to beat Becky Scott (?)

I'm phoning passport control!

Shame on you ........................................

·
Registered
727 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Geez Wayne, I watched that covergae at lunch.

That was Becky Scott who came second, you were cheering for Sweden to beat Canada in XC skiing, to beat Becky Scott (?)

I'm phoning passport control!

Shame on you ........................................
yeah, so let us get this straight wayne: you cheer for sweden in the sports they're most likely to win, and for canada in the sports we're most likely to win.......how convenient :p

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cmatcan said:
yeah, so let us get this straight wayne: you cheer for sweden in the sports they're most likely to win, and for canada in the sports we're most likely to win.......how convenient :p
Let's just say that many here picked Sweden to do well in the sprints, but not win gold. The Norwegians have been beating Sweden a lot over the last few years. What made yesterday's women's gold so special was that Canada, Norway and the Russians were all favoured to win. It was so sweet that an underdog came through. As for hockey, my heart will always be with Canada, but if Sweden is there with Canada nowhere to be found, then the Swedes are second in my mind.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
kpcw said:
I'd hit the blonde one.
Yup...The blonde is a hottie. I can't find many pictures of her without ski gear on. the Swedes need to work on exploiting the good looking ones a little more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts