Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Apa kabar?
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing like the first time...
--you lined up for your first race, adrenaline pumping, not knowing what to expect
-you completed your first race, winning or losing, and the accomplishment that you felt
-getting off your bike after an early morning training ride that you didn't feel like doing, but are so glad you did
-the sweat running down your nose, your legs burning, and knowing that this is what gets you better.
...this is my tops so far- looking back at the person that used to be better, stronger, faster than you, as you crank up a hill faster than you ever have before, knowing that it was all of the things above that helped you get there! happened to me last weekend and it was an experience i'll never forget. just wanted to share my story, and hear what your "nothing like the first time ever" was. (after re-reading this...i might have to make this a "second to the first time ever" post :) )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ditto

You pretty much nailed it man, all that stuff is what keeps me riding. I love those days when you wake up feeling just crappy, but you go out anyway, and when you get back you feel GREAT. The first time riding in a really fast, really efficient paceline is quite an experience too. Another one i have occasionally is when you go over a really nasty hill training by yourself and it almost kills you, then you do it with a group and it feels like its no big deal.

·
Registered
456 Posts
-completing your first century ride
-besting your personal best average speed

I know what you mean. You almost don't want to get off your bike when you're done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts