Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ride on Beulah Rd a lot? I typically ride there and Telegraph when I don't ride at the park, and I've noticed a lot of gravel and sand in the bike lanes. Anyone know who I can call about it? The only place thats safe to ride is right next to the line and the cars there love to hug that line when they see me ahead. Thanks!

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
I've never ridden there. My commute ends on Telegraph Rd, but before the bike lane starts. I ride on Telegraph from inside the Beltway and it is definitely hairy. :( I have seen the bike lane at lunchtime once or twice and it always looks hazardous because of debris.

It looks like you can request various forms of road cleaning here: http://www.virginiadot.org/infoservice/citizenservices.asp. Let us know how responsive they are. I imagine that, even if they are responsive and clean the shoulders and bike lanes, it will get dirty too quickly for them to keep clean. No harm in trying, though.br

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually got a call from VDOT today, but I wasn't home. They wanted to know a more exact location along the road where the gravel is bad. Suprised me to get a response that soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts