Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, the fan is blue, and they're definately not just marks, but after a closer look, I believe they are just into the clearcoat. Initially, when I rubbed my hand over the spot, it was not smooth at all, but for whatever reason, I forgot that the letters are thick paint that raises the clearcoat up, so I'm thinking its fine. Thanks everyone though

·
Registered
712 Posts
i have the solution

i would not ride it again, do not even push it, just pack and send to me (if it is a 58...)

try crosswise rubbing with rubbing compound applied with cotton swab.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh, I shoulda known that would come up. The thought did cross my mind though. I do like steel bikes; I'm ordering my steel cross bike today. But, sounds like everything is fine with my "plastic" frame, so not to worry.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Look, why don't you borrow someone's airbrush and touch up that puppy
with a couple bursts of clear coat. It is not magic in applying paint, and if
you use an air brush, not a lot of paint will come out.

I could touch that frame up with a good brush and the right finish.
After the application, those marks will darken away.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Don't Worry. Be Happy.

1. It appears to be only on the surface
2. It is in a relatively low-stress area of the downtube

So I think that it is fine, and in the unlikely event that it is not, it would give you some warning before it went ker-splooey, even if it is CF. So, ride the [email protected] out of it and check it every few weeks for a while.

Sometimes, we must live on the edge. ;)

- FBB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.