Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pizza is good and all, but hot dogs are da bizomb.

Chicago dogs, that is. Steamed poppyseed bun, kosher beef dog, yellow mustard, neon green relish, Spanish onions, kosher dill pickle, tomato, celerey salt, sport peppers (in that order).

If you live in Chicago and have never been to Superdawg, please kill yourself at once. This would be my last meal if I had to choose (not kidding).

https://www.superdawg.com/

Oh, and if you eat a hot dog in any of the following manners, kill yourself:
1. With ketchup
2. Without a poppyseed bun
3. Without a kosher, all-beef dog
4. Out of a package that reads "Ball Park"
5. With sauerkraut

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Pizza is good and all, but hot dogs are da bizomb.

Chicago dogs, that is. Steamed poppyseed bun, kosher beef dog, yellow mustard, neon green relish, Spanish onions, kosher dill pickle, tomato, celerey salt, sport peppers (in that order).

If you live in Chicago and have never been to Superdawg, please kill yourself at once. This would be my last meal if I had to choose (not kidding).

https://www.superdawg.com/

Oh, and if you eat a hot dog in any of the following manners, kill yourself:
1. With ketchup
2. Without a poppyseed bun
3. Without a kosher, all-beef dog
4. Out of a package that reads "Ball Park"
5. With sauerkraut
if i still ate red or white meat, i'd be all over that dog (nttawwt). if i had to choose my last meal, it would be two of those, with NY-style fries w/vinegar, and a big cold amber to dark colored beer with some camels and a hooker from atlantic city. wait, did i just say that out loud?

oh, and i eat with ketchup sometimes (the veggie dogs are good w/ketchup) and with sauerkraut, the sauerkraut IS THE FIZZLE BO-DIZZLE!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
where's Yarble? he needs to get up on this!

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Hebrew National

End of discussion. Simply the best chemical log on the market. It's kosher.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Only two ways to eat hot dogs......

First of all the dog must not be boiled.....it must be fried.

second...

1.) On a bun with dark mustard and good relish or

2.) With 3 day old chile and melted chedder cheese. and onions.

any other method is travesty.

Len

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
if i was still eating meat, itd be hebrew national from costco. like $1.15 for a hotdog and a drink. cant beat that.

if you can seperate whats inside the hotdog from the taste i guess theyre good. when i was really little my cousin told me the way they made hotdogs was as follows.

feed the pig a bunch of food

wait till its digesting the food/kill it while its digesting the food

cut off lengths of stomach/intestine with digested food inside

package and sell to the store.

being the neurotic person i am, that image has always been in my head. even when i knew it was fake it was still back there. this problem has been solved with veggie hotdogs/veggie corndogs. seriously, they taste basically the same.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
lousylegs said:
Ken,

The travesty of chilli dogs are Skyline Chili dogs, nasty things you can buy at a fast food restuarant.
one of the worst and best fast food places ever--krystal. white castle for you guys on the leftist coast and oop north. they sell little square burgers commonly termed "gutbombs" and chili-cheese minidogs that will absolutely go STRAIGHT through a brotha.

i used to LOVE em!

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
one of the worst and best fast food places ever--krystal. white castle for you guys on the leftist coast and oop north. they sell little square burgers commonly termed "gutbombs" and chili-cheese minidogs that will absolutely go STRAIGHT through a brotha.

i used to LOVE em!
white castle burgers are called sliders, and i still crave them constantly even though i dont eat meat. i still want to go to a real one some day. nothing hit the spot like a bunch of those little burgers

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i read "animal liberation" in college and it's been stuck in there ever since.

and did some related reports.

when the chef moved and i was left alone without someone bringing over prime cut beef, shrimp, chicken, haute cuisine you name it everday, i cleaned out the fridge and went veg.

and yes, the "fake" dogs are as good as the "real" ones. actually, so far as i've had, i would say often times, if i gave myself a choice, i'd go with a soy dog.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
yarble said:
white castle burgers are called sliders, and i still crave them constantly even though i dont eat meat. i still want to go to a real one some day. nothing hit the spot like a bunch of those little burgers
i forgot, they sell those in freezer sections of groceries!

i've been to a couple, and they are the shizzle. and also totally f*cking nasty.

mmmmm! white castle!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
The only two reasons I miss the Phoenix are: Dad's Dog Hous in Mesa and Mr. Mort's in Phoenix. Dad's was right by Hohoakam (sp?), the Cubs' spring training ground and made great Chee-ka-go style dogs. Mr. Mort's was a good old Jewish dog joint where my roommate went since he was a young Jewish boy. Our mutual friend made the mistake of asking for ketchup and mayo on his dog at Mort's. The lady running the counter called everyone in the kitchen, including Mort, to come out and see the freak who ordered a dog with ketchup and mayo.

In LA, a lot of people were gaga over Pink's, which never did anything for me. I alwasy like Oki-Dog better. Whatever, the style, it's gotta be all beef quality meat or no go.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
I'm not going to get into a hot dog debate with a chicagolander. But never ketchup, no way.

The best dogs I ever had were from a meat locker in Riverside Iowa (future home of James T. Kirk). Bohemian Weiners, and they cooked up good! My brother turned me onto them when he was working in the post office there.

The hot dogs I eat now are also local. You can't buy them, you can't have them. Klements aren't bad. If it doesn't have a natural casing, I don't want it.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I haven't had a real hotdog in years. I go to Gourmet Franks in Stanford and have the Chicken/Apple Dog, with spicy mustard, saurkraut, grilled onions, tomatoes (in season) and cross-cut fries.

//gee, I don't understand why I only lose .5 lbs a month..... :rolleyes:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
I haven't had a real hotdog in years. I go to Gourmet Franks in Stanford and have the Chicken/Apple Dog, with spicy mustard, saurkraut, grilled onions, tomatoes (in season) and cross-cut fries.

//gee, I don't understand why I only lose .5 lbs a month..... :rolleyes:
mmmm! fresh tomatotes on franks! i like them quartered, not diced, tho...

on pizza too! make the pie, then pull it early, put fresh cut whole round tomato slices, put it back in for three or four min's with extra cheese, and WHAM!

good stuff.

you can keep the mushy artichoke hearts, tho. eww!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
mmmm! fresh tomatotes on franks! i like them quartered, not diced, tho...

on pizza too! make the pie, then pull it early, put fresh cut whole round tomato slices, put it back in for three or four min's with extra cheese, and WHAM!

good stuff.

you can keep the mushy artichoke hearts, tho. eww!

I love artichoke hearts!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
I love artichoke hearts!
meee toooo but if they're overcooked, like all the whole time in the oven on a pizza, they get all soggy and EWWWW!

gotta be braised or sauteed. or nearly raw.

:)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
meee toooo but if they're overcooked, like all the whole time in the oven on a pizza, they get all soggy and EWWWW!

gotta be braised or sauteed. or nearly raw.

:)

UUUUGGGG

shudder

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Abso-freakin-lutely! Hebrew Natl's are DA BOMB. Onions, mustard, relish and or kraut. Yummers.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts