Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife, 5, and 2 yr old all have the flu. I've been taking care of all 3 of them for the past couple of days as the virus works it's magic. My Sun-Mon-Tues. vacation turned into a 6:15am call at work on Sat. to come home and administer Daddy's love. I love the resilience of kids. my 5yr old, after giving me the "I don't feel so good..." line, hurled from the bathroom, across the hallway, into her room. We both looked at each other and she says, " That was awesome!" Yes, yes it was. :)

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Rode my motorscooter 60 miles roundtrip to the Doc, because they were supposedly giving flu shots, which should be covered by my health insurance. When I got there they told me it had been cancelled because they had no vaccine and didn't know when or if they were going to get more. I had contemplated riding my bicycle there but fortunately felt too lazy that day. Flyin without a net and too cheap pay the 25 bucks at these places where it is available but not covered by insurance. I know I'm bein' stupid again and will prolly pay later. Hope your family gets well soon and u don't catch it too.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
stevee said:
Rode my motorscooter 60 miles roundtrip to the Doc, because they were supposedly giving flu shots, which should be covered by my health insurance. When I got there they told me it had been cancelled because they had no vaccine and didn't know when or if they were going to get more. I had contemplated riding my bicycle there but fortunately felt too lazy that day. Flyin without a net and too cheap pay the 25 bucks at these places where it is available but not covered by insurance. I know I'm bein' stupid again and will prolly pay later. Hope your family gets well soon and u don't catch it too.
That's alright. I got the flu shot and then promptly got the flu. Sweet! :rolleyes:

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Never get the shot, I got the flu the first time I did that. But I'm feelin pretty cruddy today, so I think its gonna get me anyway. I haven't even been around anyone that is sick. Must have gotten it from RBR. Thanks guys. :(

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Oh man, don't even get me started. I've got a 3 1/2 year old, and since preschool started it seems like one bug after another. Munckins and school are like a perfect breeding ground.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,670 Posts
cydswipe said:
my 5yr old, after giving me the "I don't feel so good..." line, hurled from the bathroom, across the hallway, into her room. We both looked at each other and she says, " That was awesome!" Yes, yes it was. :)
Dang...that's ***impressive***

-Well cyd, you may have an actual excuse coming your way for surfing RBR all day:D

As for me...."I WILL not get sick....I will NOT get sick....I get WIll SiCK N0T...&etc. like that"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts