Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the things teenagers listen to and know word for word today are amazing...they dont leave much to the imagination! (NSFW LYRICS)

I met her in the club
then I said wassup
I took her to the crib
and you know I ****ed
yea toot it and boot it

i'm in love with your booty so dont turn around unless your face match your booty

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
it takes a lot to offend gut.

yesterday they had a "health and wellness" thing in the parking lot. it mainly consisted of the cafeteria tent, a fuze drink car, basketball sign-up, a ballys balanceball and sign up, and mini golf.

they also had electric slide lessons. but teh music they djed over the stuff before teh electric slide was...odd. mostly a dj mix, but at one point i heard soem lines about switching positions, getting on your knees, and taking all night. i looked up and the dj had this big old grin on face. he knew nobody was paying attention.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
NSFW Lyrics...offensive all of em (Surprised Gutt didn't post some of David Alan Coe's stuff)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I wanna boom bang bang with your body, yo.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
My friend in NC once bemoaned the fact that her daughter was singing, "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me....." Her daughter was 6 or 7 at the time.

What sucks is when they play this stuff at children's parties :nono:

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
I heard the same stuff from my parents when they heard the names of the bands we listened to - Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc....their heads almost exploded when they heard the lyrics.

I agree with Christine, although I started cracking up when my kids (girl 11, boy 9) started singing 'Doncha wish...' on a road trip recently.

Then I had to play parent and change the station to NPR.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
I really do think the music industry has declined for reasons beyond the standard "kids these days" reproach. The economics of the music industry have changed such that it no longer makes sense for a record company to sponsor promising young artists. Instead of putting 100k of resources behind 100 artists, they put $10M behind one artist- and that one artist has to have mass appeal. I say this as a 25 year old who rarely listens to any music that is less than a decade old.

The Dead Kennedys may have had some pretty extreme lyrics, but at least they had a cause.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
I remember singing to the lyrics of this song in 7th grade. Well, I didn't know most of the lyrics, so mostly I just sang the chorus over and over.

Do me baby. Do me baby. Do-ooh-ooh me.

In retrospect, this may have been slightly disturbing to adults at the time, the same adults I thought were "sooo uptight."

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZieygZyvw4A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this was my Jam in middle school! all i wanna do is zoomzoomzoom and a boomboom....the laday playin sax in the ocean is a nice touch.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Kids hip hop music has been doing this same routine for years now.
It's no different than when I was in the 6th grade mouthing stupid lyrics that I didn't know about. The kids of today will get clean haircuts and get respectable jobs just like we did.
The status quo will win and they will never again harass anyone sexually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts