Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they are not really gone, just moved up to the Professional Continental status (old D2), who if any will dominate the US scene? Who do you think will be the new Health Net of the D3? As much as I liked watching Health Net race last season in the US, it will be more open this year for a lot fo the smaller budgeted teams. Could be interesting.

This is assuming that they will be doing limited US races as do the Navigators.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mattv2099 said:
AFIAK, your assumption is incorrect.
AFIAK??? English please? I am not to up on the blog lingo. Why am I incorrect? Can you please site a source or reasonign as to why>

·
Registered
204 Posts
Soggy Feed Bag said:
AFIAK??? English please? I am not to up on the blog lingo. Why am I incorrect? Can you please site a source or reasonign as to why>
It stands for "as far as I know." BTW, what division will the new United Pro team be in this year? They seem to have skimmed some of the best guys from Health Net and other teams.

Cheers,
Ari

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ari said:
It stands for "as far as I know." BTW, what division will the new United Pro team be in this year? They seem to have skimmed some of the best guys from Health Net and other teams.

Cheers,
Ari
I am not sure. I cannot find any website for them. All that I have seen is the one or two press releases on cyclingnews.com. They do have the 2006 teams database up, but only for the D1 and D2 teams. I am assuming they will be D3

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Hn

Soggy Feed Bag said:
Well, they are not really gone, just moved up to the Professional Continental status (old D2), who if any will dominate the US scene? Who do you think will be the new Health Net of the D3? As much as I liked watching Health Net race last season in the US, it will be more open this year for a lot fo the smaller budgeted teams. Could be interesting.

This is assuming that they will be doing limited US races as do the Navigators.
HN will continue to dominate the domestic scene and will be doing some smaller Euro events, ala The Navigators. That being said, every major US race has Navigators racers in it. Just not sure where you're getting this "limited domestic schedule" stuff from.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Right

magnolialover said:
HN will continue to dominate the domestic scene and will be doing some smaller Euro events, ala The Navigators. That being said, every major US race has Navigators racers in it. Just not sure where you're getting this "limited domestic schedule" stuff from.
If you spot him a lap or 2 Marty N. will show up.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
magnolialover said:

Redlands, Sea Otter, Toona, Fitchburg---No shows.

Not much at Wachovia? For a D2 team, they should have gotten a podium?? Don't you think?
Wachovia--Lancaster-21 Mark Walters (Can) Navigators Insurance
Wachovia--Trenton---12 Vassili Davidenko (Rus) Navigators Insurance
Wachovia--Philly--5 Kirk O'Bee (USA) Navigators Insurance

US Pro Crit Championship--No podium???
Marty---10th.

Georgia---8 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Navigators Insurance 3.14

Bank of Amercia--5 Hilton Clarke (Navigators Insurance)
US Pro Crit Champs??

Sommerville--4 Shawn Milne (Navigators Insurance)(NEVER HEARD OF HIM)
CSC Inv--2 Kirk O'Bee (Navigators Insurance)(BACK ON THE SAUCE)
Nature Valley--6 Shawn Milne (Navigators Insurance Cycling Team) 1.41
30 Ciaran Power (Navigators Insurance Cycling Team) 35.07(2nd best)
Manahattan BEach--5 Hilton Clarke (Navigators Insurance) (ONLY RIDER)
San Fran--12 Mark Walters (Can) Navigators Insurance Cycling Team 4.57

Hey, Marty did win the crit at the Tour De Christiana

For a D2 team, their results on the US scene are pretty unimpressive

But, Caesar did attack Lance, LOL. Wait, that was the year before. Did he even finish a race last year?

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Just because...

Soggy Feed Bag said:
Redlands, Sea Otter, Toona, Fitchburg---No shows.

Not much at Wachovia? For a D2 team, they should have gotten a podium?? Don't you think?
Wachovia--Lancaster-21 Mark Walters (Can) Navigators Insurance
Wachovia--Trenton---12 Vassili Davidenko (Rus) Navigators Insurance
Wachovia--Philly--5 Kirk O'Bee (USA) Navigators Insurance

US Pro Crit Championship--No podium???
Marty---10th.

Georgia---8 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Navigators Insurance 3.14

Bank of Amercia--5 Hilton Clarke (Navigators Insurance)
US Pro Crit Champs??

Sommerville--4 Shawn Milne (Navigators Insurance)(NEVER HEARD OF HIM)
CSC Inv--2 Kirk O'Bee (Navigators Insurance)(BACK ON THE SAUCE)
Nature Valley--6 Shawn Milne (Navigators Insurance Cycling Team) 1.41
30 Ciaran Power (Navigators Insurance Cycling Team) 35.07(2nd best)
Manahattan BEach--5 Hilton Clarke (Navigators Insurance) (ONLY RIDER)
San Fran--12 Mark Walters (Can) Navigators Insurance Cycling Team 4.57

Hey, Marty did win the crit at the Tour De Christiana

For a D2 team, their results on the US scene are pretty unimpressive

But, Caesar did attack Lance, LOL. Wait, that was the year before. Did he even finish a race last year?
Just because you're a D2 team, doesn't mean you're going to be good. It means that you have more money than a D3 team is about it. On the skill side of things, it doesn't mean jack squat.

Marty has not been a great road rider since he changed over, but what he's done in the sport is just unparalelled in America. Many times over world and national champion, and an Olympic gold in his pocket, something even homeboy Lance never did. So don't begrudge Marty cause he kind of stinks it up on the road, look at his past, and then tell me he's not a great cyclist, possibly one of the greater cyclists America will ever have actually.

Grajales has had exactly one good race in his entire career, that was the mountain stage at Georgia a couple of years ago.

Redlands and Sea Otter, while you may think they're big races, they don't bring out the best in teams, since it is at the start of the race season, and from what I hear, they are kind of a joke as far as races go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts