Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I thought of your earlier post as soon as I saw Powers post it on FB. I was happy with my FMB Sprints until I saw this.

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FTM said:
I thought of your earlier post as soon as I saw Powers post it on FB. I was happy with my FMB Sprints until I saw this.
Curious that it took this long for somebody to do this...edging file tread.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's a Schwalbe tread on a Dugast casing. I spent a good 20 minutes staring at TJ's bike in the SRAM booth trying to figure it out. Luckily I stumbled across the tread in the Schwalbe booth later that day. From Schalbe it is clincher only.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You could have something like that for your own with FMB casings, which might be even better.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I gotta say that the Racing Ralph tubular that Schwalbe had at the show looked really well made. It had a nice layer of latex on the sidewall and the rest of the construction looked top notch. They were saying the Rocket Ron and Sammy Slick will be soon to follow in tubular. But based on their clincher prices, I can't imagine their tubulars will be much less than a Dugast or FMB. They'll have to prove their worth because they don't have the Gucci name and most guys plonkin' down 100-125 bucks a tire want the Gucci name...right, wrong, or otherwise.

That Sammy Slick on the Dugast looked pretty sweet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
zank said:
I gotta say that the Racing Ralph tubular that Schwalbe had at the show looked really well made. It had a nice layer of latex on the sidewall and the rest of the construction looked top notch. They were saying the Rocket Ron and Sammy Slick will be soon to follow in tubular. But based on their clincher prices, I can't imagine their tubulars will be much less than a Dugast or FMB. They'll have to prove their worth because they don't have the Gucci name and most guys plonkin' down 100-125 bucks a tire want the Gucci name...right, wrong, or otherwise.

That Sammy Slick on the Dugast looked pretty sweet.
I think the Ron will be make a really great (very aggressive tread) all around tubular. I am running the clincher version this season, and it is surprisingly supple, and high enough volume to run pretty low pressures. Schwalbe have been putting out great MTB tires for a while, and it looks like they really want to push hard in the CX market... Maybe not as 'cool' as the FMBs, but prob. worth a try.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i want some rocket ron tubulars I have the clinchers and they are great, a tubular would make a great mud tire to complement my fango/grifo set

·
Registered
285 Posts
What did you run on Sunday Carl?

I used some borrowed tubies with a Fango front and a Grifo rear. Not really impressed with the grip. Of course I'm used to Michelin Mud 2's.

I'm going to have to try some of these Schwalbe offerings. Are the Tubulars out yet?

Cheers!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts