Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Now that's a file tread I could use.

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  matthewtucker 
#1 ·
New Dugast file on the Cyclocross World bikes in Vegas.

#4 ·
It's a Schwalbe tread on a Dugast casing. I spent a good 20 minutes staring at TJ's bike in the SRAM booth trying to figure it out. Luckily I stumbled across the tread in the Schwalbe booth later that day. From Schalbe it is clincher only.

#7 ·
You could have something like that for your own with FMB casings, which might be even better.

#10 ·
I gotta say that the Racing Ralph tubular that Schwalbe had at the show looked really well made. It had a nice layer of latex on the sidewall and the rest of the construction looked top notch. They were saying the Rocket Ron and Sammy Slick will be soon to follow in tubular. But based on their clincher prices, I can't imagine their tubulars will be much less than a Dugast or FMB. They'll have to prove their worth because they don't have the Gucci name and most guys plonkin' down 100-125 bucks a tire want the Gucci name...right, wrong, or otherwise.

That Sammy Slick on the Dugast looked pretty sweet.

#11 ·
zank said:
I gotta say that the Racing Ralph tubular that Schwalbe had at the show looked really well made. It had a nice layer of latex on the sidewall and the rest of the construction looked top notch. They were saying the Rocket Ron and Sammy Slick will be soon to follow in tubular. But based on their clincher prices, I can't imagine their tubulars will be much less than a Dugast or FMB. They'll have to prove their worth because they don't have the Gucci name and most guys plonkin' down 100-125 bucks a tire want the Gucci name...right, wrong, or otherwise.

That Sammy Slick on the Dugast looked pretty sweet.
I think the Ron will be make a really great (very aggressive tread) all around tubular. I am running the clincher version this season, and it is surprisingly supple, and high enough volume to run pretty low pressures. Schwalbe have been putting out great MTB tires for a while, and it looks like they really want to push hard in the CX market... Maybe not as 'cool' as the FMBs, but prob. worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.