Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1990 steel colnago master piu. I love the bike, Ive wondered for years about a steel 'nub' (small ball with hole in the middle) coming down off the top tube about 6" aft of the stem. Survey says its an attatchment point for a race number, or a point to mount a frame pump.

I dont have any pics, but wondered what the gurus here thought it might be (BTW, the survey group consisted of about 4 guys drinking beer after a ride, thus the post).

thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO! FatTire, while Im pretty sure its not a defect (seems to be brazed on), I dont think His Ernesto-ness (may he keep building bicycles forever) will give me a new c50 after 17yrs. Then again, maybe to show His appreciation for my loyalty...

no beer for you, Junior. Contributing to a minor and such. Ill be happy to send you a coke for your guess.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, not any fancier, and that is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks, JaeP. By the way, what model is that? I cant tell from the pic if it has the gilco shaped tubes or not. Its got to be around the same age...somewhere around 1990 or so?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh...the fork threw me. When I was reseaching my Master (trying to date it...got if off ebay as well), I found that Colnago went to the straight chrome fork sometime in 1989. Your thread says yours is not the original fork (I saw it didnt have the clover stamps on it). Anyway, thanks for the help! And I think its a sweet looking bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.