Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I had a devilishly good ride on the 6th of june. A nice long ride is deserving of a nice long post isn't it? Most of you probably don't know but I was out of service for 4 weeks with a hernia repair surgery. Yesterday I took my second ride after being off the bike for so long. I did a nice 45 miler and it was probably the most enjoyable ride I've had since last summer. Beautiful weather forced me to take pictures along the whole ride.

So, take a virtual ride with me through the county just north of Baltimore.

Arby.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Story Arby?

Good to hear from you again ! great pics as usual and thats a neat stem - haven't seen one of those before. Did you get over here? ( Ireland). suns splitting the trees and that doesn't happen often in Ireland and I've got 25 mins before my commute - then out on the road bike for spin.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
comsense said:
Good to hear from you again ! great pics as usual and thats a neat stem - haven't seen one of those before. Did you get over here? ( Ireland). suns splitting the trees and that doesn't happen often in Ireland and I've got 25 mins before my commute - then out on the road bike for spin.
Hey man,

The stem is an ITM stem. I dunno what "Mantis" means but I got it at a swap meet for 10 bucks! Nope; I never made it over to Ireland. I'll be going across the pond for my honeymoon next April, however. Italy, France & Switzerland are in store!

Have a great ride,
Arby.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Arby said:
Thanks MB1, it's good to be back.

No fixie for me for a while I'm afraid. I just don't want to push my luck. I'm not supposed to be riding till June 18th as it is!

"back in the saddle again",
Arby
Damm it took forever for this page to load up. I like the photo of the front brake and hyway rail on the right...

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Nice stuff though somehow 45 miles doesn't sounds like "taking it easy" :eek: I see you taped up the K2, looks good.
Hey the quarry is open on weekends and there is a nearby light-rail stop!:idea:

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Arby: I'm happy to see that Sunday's ride had no ill effect.

For the rest of you: As Arby mentions elsewhere, he is under doctor's orders to stay off of the bike until June 18. I visited Arby about two weeks ago at his new digs (very impressive - he should post some photos) and he was like a caged animal. On Sunday, I was riding to the office when I heard a familiar "Hey Mark" being yelled by someone riding in the opposite directions. I couldn't believe my ears: Arby is grounded until June 18. I stopped and sure enouth it was Arby, who had escaped while she who must be obeyed was at work. I sure hope that Tasha does not monitor this site.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's on!

zeytin said:
Nice stuff though somehow 45 miles doesn't sounds like "taking it easy" :eek: I see you taped up the K2, looks good.
Hey the quarry is open on weekends and there is a nearby light-rail stop!:idea:
I'm deffinitely going to be hitting the quarry this summer. Wet chamois here I come!

Chafingly yours,
Arby.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MarkS said:
Arby: I'm happy to see that Sunday's ride had no ill effect.

For the rest of you: As Arby mentions elsewhere, he is under doctor's orders to stay off of the bike until June 18. I visited Arby about two weeks ago at his new digs (very impressive - he should post some photos) and he was like a caged animal. On Sunday, I was riding to the office when I heard a familiar "Hey Mark" being yelled by someone riding in the opposite directions. I couldn't believe my ears: Arby is grounded until June 18. I stopped and sure enouth it was Arby, who had escaped while she who must be obeyed was at work. I sure hope that Tasha does not monitor this site.
Good bumpin' into you on the roads last Sunday. That turned out to be a great ride, but boy, was I sore afterwords! I'm feeling 100% these days though, so we're going to have to go out for a ride soon. I should be free this coming weekend; lets put something together!

Arby

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Nice to see you're doing well after the surgery, Arby. Don't overdo it! (Yeah, I know that went in one ear and out the other).

I thought of this post last night when I went to a wedding at Gramercy Mansion. The roads on the way to the mansion reminded me of some of the photos in this post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.