Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bike Wing Conspiracy
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a ticket a few months ago. I should have taken care of them but they languished in my messenger bag and I never got around to dealing with them.

Fast forward few months later and they started affecting my liscense. Here is where it gets interesting...i dont have a liscense. I am on my wif'e's car registration for payment reasons only. We got a better rate when she consolidated some loans and had my salary on the registration as well. I havent had a liscense in over 14 years.

So the state of New York suspends my liscense and we get nailed with a huge increase in insurance payments. There was no amount of trying to explain to the insurance company that I didnt have a liscense, I never drove the car, I only am a part owner of the car.

I was truly amazed that this type of thing can happen at all.

I guess I dont live off the grid as much as I thought I did when it comes to cars...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
If it were me, I'd keep trying to appeal it. There is no license of ANY kind required to ride a bicycle. How can the "suspend" what you don't have or need, and how the f*** can your ins. co. penalize you for it?

I'd take it to wall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.