Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a big bummer for Nys...

kajukembo said:
www.cyclingnews.com is reporting Nys cracked his hip.
I feel bad for the guy. He crushed it all year long, and now the overall pts title is in jeapardy. I'm not a huge fan, but it sucks to see someone so talented on the sidelines with an injury. I hope he recovers quickly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's too bad...I was hoping he was just being a sissy in disappointment.
I've had to wave him past on a few occasions. To say he's talented just doesn't cover it. Spent a total of maybe a minute on his rear wheel. It's much more roller coaster and much less cycling than I would ever expected. And I'm used to being lapped/preriding among the likes of Brentjens and De Knegt at World Cup pace. With small sports like CX you always wonder how much faster it would go if it were Olympic, and the national sport in more than just Flanders (spectator sport only, really). With Nijs, you know that even folks with Lance's lungs and legs would have more than a hard time beating him.

I hope Sven will take time for his recovery and have enough time to surf the internet to know he needs a 29" bike for his Beijing Olympics MTB campaign. His skills, and a bit fatter tires...why needs motorcross?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
too bad.

and I'm not a Nys fan (obviously) but that goes beyond anything I would ever wish for. It seemed obvious he was badly hurt,othrwise I think he would have gotten upand chased. I don't think he's the "odds are against me, I'll drop out" type

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
ya know Mr Richie

I got nothing but love, admiration and respect for ya,but....
don't give up making bikes for a career in comedy.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
stop please

a man of your skill and integrity stooping to bad puns? please don't spoil the 'man behind the curtain' ;o)

doesn't matter, if we were Japanese I'd refer to still as Richie-Sama

1 - 9 of 9 Posts