Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slowpoke
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Ritchey V4 Road pedals that work great except for one small thing: they are so light that they don't float to a heel-down position unless the inner bushing o-ring cover is popped off. I would like to grease the rubber o-ring to let it spin easier. Is silicone grease or spray suitable for this? Ritchey doesn't have an email address to take inquiries, so you fine folks are my only resort.
I can't ask my LBS for a definitive answer because they don't handle this version. I had to import the pedals because the V4 Road isn't distributed in Canada.

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
Any grease

Carbonman said:
I would like to grease the rubber o-ring to let it spin easier. Is silicone grease or spray suitable for this?
If Ritchey has done their work properly, the o-ring should be resistant to normal hydrocarbon grease, since it is in contact with them all the time. Therefore, any oil or grease should be OK. If you're concerned about it, silicone spray or silicone grease would most certainly not attack the o-ring.

G

·
I have to lube these stupid things every year on the pool equipment.

FWIW I use silicone spray on the ones around the pool and it works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.