Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after a very long Iowa winter here I ve finally be able to drag my sorry a$$ out and start riding again (woot for that). Got in a solid two weeks of riding so far . Last night I figure I ll get up early and spin out an easy 30 miles, keep the pace limited and not hammer. When I woke up I discovered it was overcast and a bit on the rainy side. No worries I ll just swap out my "Dark" lens and put in the clear lens no worries. Well I pop out the dark lens only to find I ve cracked one of the tabs that fits into the corner of the frame when you insert it into the frame. Its cracked but not all the way through so its still in one piece. Now here is the ? anyone think its possible to put a layer of super glue or something like that on to "fix" this crack or am I just Fkd? I d rather pay $3 for some glue then $75 for another lens.

I anxiously await the opinion of all you lounge lizards :thumbsup:

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
If they are <1 year old and you have the purchase receipt, you can have them replaced for free (less shipping) I believe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Send them back to Oakley and cry for forgiveness - I have found Oakleys customer service terrific & worst case they'll work with you on a repair price. i think they are too expensive to f- around with Krazy Glue IMO-

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are < 3 yrs old, and I dont have the reciept any longer so i may be kinda fk d on that.

PS: Creaky shouldnt you be squirty squirtin' on something or gettin drunk with joe so he can take advantage of you?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Take em to Oakley. They might replace it for free. Or give you a quote.

//get a pair of radars. :p

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uzzie I m in Iowa............ 93% of people here think Oakley is type of hunting riffle. IDK where the nearest Oakley place would be here. I checked with my LBS that I purchased the glasses thru they basicly said STFU and HTFU, it was way lame.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
Oakley has a very generous return policy. Have you checked their website? I know for broken frames they use to charge $6.00 per broken frame (no question asked, as long as they were official Oakley). My brother had given me his broken Straight Jacket and Trench Coat glasses and for $12.00 I had them fixed.

Lens had to be sent to an official optomotrist though

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks J. I guess I'll check out their site, maybe I get lucky and can have them fixed cheap. The lens is non-Rx, don't know if that matters.
Thanks 4 the input

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
The nearest O store is probably at the Mall of America, kind of a drive from Iowa City. Which bike shop is your LBS? I lived there for about a year.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Lens replacement is cheap. I just returned the Polarized Half Jacket lenses out of warranty and it only cost me $39.99 from Oakley. Give their customer service a call and they will hook you up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts