Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these a few weeks back while perusing the Oakley site. One problem I've had while riding is my need to be available when I'm on call. I keep my phone in my back pocket, and often cannot hear it when I'm riding. I have a set of Bose ear buds, but the mike isn't the best, and I couldn't really be heard on the other end.

I took a few rides so far with the ROKR Pros and they make the ride a lot more interesting. I never had a desire to listen to music, but I started listening to Pandora thru the Oakleys. When the occasional call comes, the sound is crystal clear. As long as I'm not going downhill, they seem to sound alright on the receiving end.

Oakley ROKR Pro

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwhite_4 said:
I use the bike to escape things. People who talk on the phone (a headset at that) while riding are creating quite the distraction for themselves.
I don't use them to talk. If you read my post, I like them because they give me freedom to actually ride when I'm on call. I might get one call every 2-3 rides, I listen to music the whole time. I don't think I'm alone in doing so.

Like you, I also use my cycling time to escape. Unfortunately, my profession doesn't allow for freedom from responsibility during my rides. My phone serves as my pager via text messaging, and I miss them if my phone's in my back pocket. I can't risk missing an emergent message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.