Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have opportunity to buy an Odonata frame, appears to be in good shape. I know they came out years ago. I'm almost 60 years old, 6' 1'',180 pounds, easy on frames, century rider, like to go hard in training (tempo intervals, for example), but no racing in 25 years and no plans to go back to racing. Kind of an "old diesel" that still likes a good run from time to time, but not mixing it up with the young bucks any more. Have always been intrigued by these frames - any thoughts/experiences from Odonata owners regarding how the frames have held up? Thinking in particular about the titanium/carbon interface points, but would welcome any thoughts and comments. Thanks - appreciate your help!

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
I have never heard of a Seven contact point coming loose. The Odonata was the first bike to bond carbon and titanium tubes. The name has changed over time to the Elium SL, but it is essentially the same bike (save for the customization involved). I have heard it is a comfortable bike. Try it out and see how it feels. I don't think the bonding will be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts