11,876 Posts
the pic?

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigrider said:
silver pillows?
They're not silver, they're light blue silk.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Looks good.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Did you do the Crown Molding yourself? I'd like to try it on our place.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Did you do the Crown Molding yourself? I'd like to try it on our place.
Agreed. The houses I grew up in were all white walls, no molding. I LOVE crown molding. You'd better believe that the first house I buy is going to either already have it, or I'm putting it in one room at a time ;)

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
FANTASTIC! It looks perfect! Yay! I'm really glad you decided to get it.

I love the paint color and it looks like wine or no, you did a beautiful job on it. I think I shall drink the next time I paint, maybe that's the secret to a good painting job.

The first pic is my computer wallpaper...always cheers me up. The second (bad) pic is a painting I have on my wall done by an award winning artist who lives just a few miles up from me. I get his stuff on the cheap because I have the "neighbor" discount! :)

P.S. I've decided I'll get that one pic for my mom's birthday coming up. :thumbsup:

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I have a lamp like yours, but mine isn't on.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RoadBikeVirgin said:
Agreed. The houses I grew up in were all white walls, no molding. I LOVE crown molding. You'd better believe that the first house I buy is going to either already have it, or I'm putting it in one room at a time ;)
The walls are actually much more tan. The flash washed them out. The crown molding was there when I moved in, although there were two additional pieces that I removed. Simple = easier to paint.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
FANTASTIC! It looks perfect! Yay! I'm really glad you decided to get it.

I love the paint color and it looks like wine or no, you did a beautiful job on it. I think I shall drink the next time I paint, maybe that's the secret to a good painting job.

P.S. I've decided I'll get that one pic for my mom's birthday coming up. :thumbsup:
I'm not quite done with the painting... I still have to do the baseboard trim. I'm also going to do a stripe thing between the two windows... not sure how just yet, but the silver-blue in the pillows will be a large stripe down the middle of the walls where the picture hangs. Around that will be some navy blue, dark brown and beige stripes. The description sounds terrible, but I have a good idea in my head. I'll post the final pic when I'm done...

You should get the warbler. An 8x10 would be pretty inexpensive and stunning.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
vonteity said:
I'm not quite done with the painting... I still have to do the baseboard trim. I'm also going to do a stripe thing between the two windows... not sure how just yet, but the silver-blue in the pillows will be a large stripe down the middle of the walls where the picture hangs. Around that will be some navy blue, dark brown and beige stripes. The description sounds terrible, but I have a good idea in my head. I'll post the final pic when I'm done...

You should get the warbler. An 8x10 would be pretty inexpensive and stunning.

Actually that paint scheme sounds tres cool.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts