Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hotter than Haites here and I'm looking to do some off-bike training during the week in my air conditioned home that will hopefully help my early morning weekend riding. Here's what I've got to work with at home: An elliptical machine, a recumbant exercise bike (crappy one) and a set of really good weights. Which is the best to spend most of my time on to help me with my riding. Or are noone of these useful at all? I'd love to get a set of rollers to put my bike on, but the ones I can afford seem pretty cheesey and I'm kinda broke after buying the bike and other riding necessities to date.:blush2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Riding in the heat will help acclimatize you to the hotter temperatures for the weekends. How hot is it where you live? The morning is probably the best time for you to get out and beat the heat. For indoor exercises, you could build core and leg strength using your weights. Lunges, squats, calf raises, crunches, planks, push ups, etc. will all help with getting stronger and maintaining stability/efficiency.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Where are you riding?

gobike1 said:
It's hotter than Haites here
OK, so Haiti is a country in the Caribean, and Hades is another name for hell. Which is it? :)

BTW, the heat won't hurt you as long as you remain well-hydrated and manage your effort. You're better off (for cycling) riding outside and adapting to the high temps than working out on some non-bike exercise equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.