Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recently completed NCAA tournament (and our office pool) got a few of us roadies in the office talking about doing a TdF office pool.

Does anyone have any ideas about a good office pool format for the TdF? Most folks in the office know very little about the teams or riders, so some kind of a random drawing format would probably make most sense.

·
Registered
157 Posts
For the Kentucky Derby, it's a random pull for your horse. Basically, you get folks involved because they "have a horse in the race" to yell for. A horse race is 2 minutes and there is only one winner. TdF pool could be a winner by stage and an overall I guess. Might help people stay involved throughout the long event.

Looks like a better idea for a bike shop than an office.

·
Atom B
202 Posts
The Kenda Fantasy Cycling Challenge (if Versus does it again this year) would be an educational experience for your non-roadie office mates. Or at least, it might give you some ideas on how to make your own "pool".

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
we are doing ours 'old skool' in excel
pre-tour select your jersey winners, last place and 1st team with doping scandal

each stage select stage winner (points from 1st - 10th), intermediate sprint(s) and KOM(s) winners

might add occasional bonus options like 'yellow jersey leader retains/loses jersey' etc

highest points at the end wins

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since I live in Texas, everyone at my office knows who Lance Armstrong is and has at least an idea that the TDF is a bicycle race. Aside from that, they are clueless...

Todd

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,175 Posts
Have a random draw. Everyone draws nine names from a hat to make up a team. Give prizes for stage wins, jerseys etc. The player with the best team (lowest cummulative time) wins a prize.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Curious....so have you had to explain "General Classification" to anyone yet?

Have you you got the....."Let me get this straight, the winner of the Tour De France never has to win a single stage?"

"Then how do they win the race if they never win a race?"

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
BoneDigger said:
Since I live in Texas, everyone at my office knows who Lance Armstrong is and has at least an idea that the TDF is a bicycle race. Aside from that, they are clueless...

Todd

you should do one then... they will all pick lance, and when he does not win *cha-ching* for you

·
Banned
3 Posts
The way we did it was have everyone select a team of say 8 riders from a preset list. Foe each stage you get points for any of your guys who came in the top 3 that day. Whoever has the most points at the end of the TdF takes the pot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.