Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,392 Posts
paul2432 said:
Next week is Colorado Bike To Work Week. Post your stories here.

Paul
Will do. Hopefully the weather will be nice. My plan now is to ride from Broomfield to basically Centennial Airport. 32 miles if I remember correctly. Should be fun. Folks in the office think I'm nuts already. This just confirms it.:thumbsup:

I will only do it on the Wednesday - not every day.
 

·
Yo no fui.
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
Every week is bike to work week . . . for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pablo said:
Every week is bike to work week . . . for me.
I guess I'm preaching to the choir here. I ride in year round as well (at least a day or two a week).

Anyway . . . on the ride in this morning (Monday) I saw about the same amount of people as usual. At my work it seems a few more people are riding in, which I guess makes sense given that we have been aggressively promoting BTWD here.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
yup, wed is amature day!
i'll have to take advantage of the free swag at REI but i might get in before they open.

might do a 'how to change a flat' demo for my coworkers...

drove today though. I might be scoring some free retired keg shells to convert into components of my brewery. Need the truck for that! :D
 

·
Yo no fui.
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
I'm planning on gamng the system and hitting three breakfast stations on my Wednesday commute.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,886 Posts
Pablo said:
I'm planning on gamng the system and hitting three breakfast stations on my Wednesday commute.
LOL...I work at home so I might need to take a side trip to the breakfast stations.
 

·
Yo no fui.
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
LOL...I work at home so I might need to take a side trip to the breakfast stations.
Bike past the tea house. They had the best eggs.
 

·
Yo no fui.
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
John Nelson said:
If you really try, you can probably hit 20 or more. Take a backpack.
I doubt it. I live in Windsor (1) and ride to Greeley (2). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Scratch that...Emergency trip to Denver for a client, looks like I'm commuting to work in Denver afterall on Wednesday.

Today I am going to ride from Aspen over Independence Pass, through Leadville, and down into Copper today, where my girlfriend will pick me up on the way to Denver...Anyone do this before? I rode the pass countless times prior to opening to vehicular traffic this season, but not once since it opened to the public, I'm hoping it isn't too crazy with all the tourist/gawkers up there...
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,886 Posts
Campbelllevy said:
Scratch that...Emergency trip to Denver for a client, looks like I'm commuting to work in Denver afterall on Wednesday.

Today I am going to ride from Aspen over Independence Pass, through Leadville, and down into Copper today, where my girlfriend will pick me up on the way to Denver...Anyone do this before? I rode the pass countless times prior to opening to vehicular traffic this season, but not once since it opened to the public, I'm hoping it isn't too crazy with all the tourist/gawkers up there...
I rode that on Ride the Rockies last year. A great climb, but tough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
Campbelllevy said:
Scratch that...Emergency trip to Denver for a client, looks like I'm commuting to work in Denver afterall on Wednesday.

Today I am going to ride from Aspen over Independence Pass, through Leadville, and down into Copper today, where my girlfriend will pick me up on the way to Denver...Anyone do this before? I rode the pass countless times prior to opening to vehicular traffic this season, but not once since it opened to the public, I'm hoping it isn't too crazy with all the tourist/gawkers up there...
hit independance early if you can. Traffic is a lot better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
I ride from Boulder to Louisville, so only a few Breakfast stations on this side of the hill.

Seen more people biking in Boulder to work since gas has hit $4 a gallon. Need it to go to $5 or $6 to see a difference out of Boulder. My company still only has about 5 cyclist out of 300+ employees. (But we have plenty of smokers out enjoying fresh air.)
 

·
Yo no fui.
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
SlowBikeRacer said:
I ride from Boulder to Louisville, so only a few Breakfast stations on this side of the hill.
Aren't you doing it backwards? :)
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top