Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
G

·
I'm guessing 20 riders tops over the Tourmalet and then a blood bath on the Hautacam.

I think that Menchov, Valverde and and Sastre based on their form and the strength of their teams in the high mountains. My recollection is it's fairly flat in the last few hundred meters which bodes well for Valverde.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Sastre. He is due.

· Registered
39 Posts
I'd go with the A-hole again :D but todays road rash and soreness is gonna take a few days to shake off. Evans put in a great ride in serious pain after what to me looked like a fall that shouldn't have happened. What did he hit another rider's wheel? a spectator?

Going with Ricardo Ricco :thumbsup:

· Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
The French riders would love to win on Bastille Day, but I don't see any of them being able to climb well enough to actually do it.

On these stages, I expect the stronger teams to do some big things, but it never seems to pan out that way. Nevertheless, I'll go with Carlos Sastre.

· Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
I'm picking Valverde for now.

Might change my mind though. He looked like he might be suffering a bit yesterday.... :idea:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.