1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cavindish..

·
Registered
930 Posts
Freire will run very tactically again to score points but Zabel and Hushovd will not be so easy to let him escape this time and they both too can climb very well. Cavendish will likely struggle over the cat1 climb and so wont be a threat on this stage. McEwen will be relegated to protecting Cadel so no opportunity for him. I'll say Zabel will take it at the end with a quick sprint.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Oscar Freire because Mark Cavendish might suffer on the climb enough to not be in contention towards the end.

G

·
Well, he pulled his a$$ over an HC climb pretty well so I have to go with Freire as well.

If a break gets away that doesn't bother the peleton, the sprinters teams won't cooperate enough to pull it back, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I think 55 km is far enough for the sprinters to teams to pull everything back together. Cavendish just blew the pants off everyone in that last sprint. I have to go with him.

If there is a breakaway I would go with Flecha, but Cavendish is my pick.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking, this ain't going to be a sprint - My pick is Flecha.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.