Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Just make a decision instead of waiting to see how other people think ;)

Valverde wins it.
Hah. Actually, I was thinking. Valverde too coz of the finish. He looked alright today for sure after one heck of a crazy day.

So yeah, Alejandro Valverde for me.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Break stays away. The GC guys just mark each other and "rest" since there aren't going to be any chance for a shakeup until the TT.

Freire won't contest a stage like this since he's safe with the green. Sprinters won't go again until stage 19 and 21.

The question is, how big will the escape be? Who's looking good for a break? Columbia had Hincapie in one a few days ago. hey haven't done anything since Cavendish abandoned. Maybe someone from Columbia. I think they want to get in the results.

Cyril Dessel is my initial pick. Freire is my backup. Valverde is third. One of those may percolate up. Astarloza is the wild card pick.

Freire for the win

G

·
A bunch of french guys go up the road. I'm picking David Moncoutié, because he has a contract on the line. In other words - I'm guessing.

G

·
Valverde 'may' have a deal with CSC, but really - can they afford to let him go off on a flyer. If the break makes good time, the GC guys would be screwed.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Pozzato or Ballan. After having great 2007 seasons, both need a big win this season (particularly Pozzato) to take the pressure off of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm looking for CSC to try and repeat their Alpe d'Huez maneuver, but swapping one of the Schlecks for Sastre. Sastre will follow Cadel if he attacks, and attack if Cadel runs out of steam, but will otherwise just try to force him to wear himself out.

Frank may be the one to lead the attack, since he's also a top contender and can do some real damage if he's allowed to go, but Andy may be better suited for the stage.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.