Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thien was a little slow :) Who will win stage 2? YOU MUST POST THE LAST NAME! Oscar Friere and Oscar Pereiro are both going for stages, it seems, so don't just list "Oscar!"

I will post after I finish watching the stage on TV. I slept through the live version and I want to see how strong some people are.

Suggested points scale: We can do points for the top 15 using USAC points upgrade rules for cat2-cat1 stage races for 50+ people. Thus, 1st place gets 20pts, 2nd place gets 18, 3rd gets 16, then 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Thus:
iliveonnitro: 20
rogger: 6
slowdave: 6

·
thien™
3,425 Posts
Thanks James for posting stage 2 and the suggested Point Scale.

I think we'll consider Stage 1 and Stage 2 neutral, we'll have to promote this and get more people involved to really get the competition going. So we'll keep score for real starting with Monday's stage 3.

I'd like to break the competition into two, so winners for the first half will be announced on the 1st Rest day. Scores will be zero'd out and then we'll have a second half with winners announced after the final podium.

1st place - Full RoadBikeReview Kit (jersey and bibs)
2nd place - Jersey
3rd place - RoadBikeReview socks

Good luck gentlemen & gentlewomen!

Also - don't forget, if you can't get enough here in the forums, be sure to drop a comment or two in our blog. Click here.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
Valverde.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Ooops. Put my pick in the wrong thread. Pasted here ...

Hmm. Kirchen or Freire? Or maybe Andy Schleck. Okay, I'll pick Freire for the win tomorrow. But maybe that big Spanish head of Valverde will make him put it on the line again to keep the yellow.

Okay. For the last time. Freire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.