Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Ooh! A sprint stage!

McEwen? What's he done for me lately? He's having an off year. Low confidence.

Hunter? He's not looking great either.

Freire? He's been there on the sprint stages but hasn't broken through yet. He might just be close here. I like his classics experience in a stage like this with some climbs. But he's so darned fragile.

Kirchen? Will he stick his neck out wearing the yellow?

Cavendish: Fast but can he weather the early hills? The first two stages were kind of like this one and he made nary a peep. However, in a similar stage in the Giro (stage 4), he won. Will Columbia be working too hard for Kim to give Mark a go? Will they deliver both to the line and snag two podium places?

Hushovd? He was right there in the second group today. He's won a stage. He's now third for the jersey. He should really want this one. But maybe he's tired from yesterday? I can't think he would have ridden outside of himself with a sprint stage the next day.

Hushovd for the win.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thor will finally get it done for me....

·
Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Dude I'm not going to miss your entry again, you don't have to bold it :)
That's not why I bolded it, LOL. Missing my pick on stage 4 was an honest mistake, and I didn't take it personally.

I thought that with some of the stage discussion where posters are saying, "ummm, errrr, I think Jose Spaniard could have a good ride, but what about Pierre LeFrance, or Franz the Bavarian? Shoot, I can't decide," it would be easier to spot my actual picks and not have to read a bunch of my speculatory nonsense if I boldfaced them. After all, you have a lot of posts to go through after each stage. :)

Good luck in your upcoming races.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.