Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
I thought about it until someone reminded me it was her prom night...daughter trumps bike nearly every time.

Oh, and I also remembered how much I hate hills.
:D

Y'all have fun. Girch, you gonna have some Thai Smile the night before again? :p

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
lets_ride said:
Blah, blah, blah....

Oh, and I also remembered how much I hate hills.

Blah, blah, blah! :D
Fixed it for ya!

I'll be there! I was gonna resurrect my old thread about it but I figured it'd get buried with all the reports from Cooperpalooza last weekend so I was gonna wait a few days. You beat me to it.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
tconrady said:
Fixed it for ya!
At least I included it as a reason! But while you guys are suffering up the hills, I will be getting a mani/pedi and foot massage with my daughter. Then we are going to get our hair did. Then when she heads off in the limo, I will sit at home with my fabulous nails and hair and upload all the photos I took and cry about how my baby girl is all grown up. :D

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I started reconsidering, but then I saw that registration is closed. I could always bring my own food and go bandit style, but that'd be a little bit wrong.
PM iopturbo for details. He supposedly poached it last year but nobody saw him. :D

And I can't remember the name of it, but his hotel had a serious breakfast buffet! Nom nom nom.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Where is iopturbo anyway?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I'm not in. Does that mean I'll have to do a looooooongggg ride that day in honor of you guys?

Hmm... Maybe I'll watch a few movies to make for a looonggg movie marathon instead. And, I'll watch some Celine Dion videos too :D

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigrider said:
Where is iopturbo anyway?
I dunno - I'll have to give him a call tonight. I sent him a PM months ago and never heard back.

A big +1 on the nom nom breakfast from his hotel, though! I was planning on heading over there Sunday morning to get fat.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I'm still planning to come up from FL with two of my riding buddies. We will be staying in Ellijay, GA Thursday night to visit one of my friend's family and ride around there on Friday AM before coming over to Chattanooga. Sure hope we miss the rain.... Weather Channel is predicting 50% for Saturday, but only 10% for Friday so maybe we'll catch a break.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Does that mean 50% of the rain for Saturday will start falling just after the ride begins?
I think that happened last year.

Oh, and the breakfast hotel was called The Chattanoogan. Yummy biscuits and gravy!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
From where I was last year, it was 100% of the rain for the first two hours or so......worst start to a group ride I've ever had. Once we dried out, it was one of the best rides I had ever done. Here's hoping for the best ride part all day this year.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
What distances is everyone thinking of doing? I signed up for the full century but I may punk out and drop down to a metric.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Indy and I are planning to punk out and do the metric as well - neither of us feel all that hawt so far. It seems like it's been harder to ride this year in the winter and spring.

Pray for no rain!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I vote to meet @ Taco Mac on Saturday evening, after we finish riding and get cleaned up.

Then breakfast on Sunday morning at Teh Chattanoogan. Just not too early.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts