Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mid-80s Gitane Tour de France frame that has an ofmega 34.8 x 24 F.s bottom bracket 68mm x 110mm long axle. This will not work with the crankset and cassette I'm trying to use because the axle is not long enough. I have not been able to find a longer axle on ebay for the 68mm yet.

I want to know if there is a more modern bottom bracket bearing that will fit this frame that has an axle length of 120mm.

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
21,868 Posts
I have a mid-80s Gitane Tour de France frame that has an ofmega 34.8 x 24 F.s bottom bracket 68mm x 110mm long axle. This will not work with the crankset and cassette I'm trying to use because the axle is not long enough. I have not been able to find a longer axle on ebay for the 68mm yet.

I want to know if there is a more modern bottom bracket bearing that will fit this frame that has an axle length of 120mm.

Thanks for your help.
Not completely sure (but pretty sure) that you have an English threaded BB (1.37" x24) so all you need to do is find an English threaded BB with the right axle length. Axle taper should be ISO, I assume.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts