Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the grocery store today. I was given the senior citizens discount. :eek:

Crap, I must've looked really bad........:blush2:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
really?!?! was the cashier really, really young? i couldn't believe you were even close to retirement when you originally mentioned something.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
If that happened to my wife she would be all excited about the discount, and putting one over on the clerk. It's all a matter of perspective.

·
pretty-n-pink
335 Posts
I feel for you sister. I don't know if my ego could've handled that today.:( Treat yourself to a massage. You know you're not nearly that old.:)

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of young. I think it was an automatic response; every Tuesday and Thursday the store is swamped with Blue Hairs, I don't think she even saw me.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At one of our local stores - Lunardi's, it's 5%.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
weltyed said:
they have senior discounts at the grocery?
I've never seen one at Jewel, but now I try to avoid them. If you raise the price on the item every single time i go in, i will notice. YAY for Super Target.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
You know you're old when they stop carding you for a margarita. You know you're really old when you get handed the Senior's menu at Denny's. You know you're really, really old when... umm what was I talking about? :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"All right you young whippersnapper!!" Then I whacked her with my walker..... :D :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Young people cannot tell age worth a damn. Remember when you were in high school and you thought all your teachers were old and then you found out they were 28 at the time? All the cashier knew was you might be over thirty. Take the money and run, with a smile. Nowall the people that came up to my wife when our daughter was young and told her what a lovely grand child she had, those people were in DANGER.

b21

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Sweet!

I got my first senior citizen discount about 15 years ago. Now we look for them everywhere,

Saving money rocks!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
MB1 said:
Saving money rocks!
no wonder you two have so many waterfords.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
funny story, about 5 years ago I took my daughter to ponderosa for dinner, they gave me the senior discount. The next day I was buying a can of lighter fluid at walmart and this cashier who was maybe 10 years my senior carded me......I just started laughing....and told her about my first senior discount the night before. She was apologetic...and explained she had to ask for id or they would fire her.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I'd known that it was going to happen I would've bought steaks......

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
You know your old when Bill Knapps pays you to come in and eat on your birthday!

(my great aunt almost made it)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts