Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did I do?
Been riding 3/4 times a week. Nothing new. but...
Took the girls to watch a Crit Saturday. Sunday I cannot put any weight on my right knee.
I never heard anything pop, no pain until I woke up Sunday morning. Now if I lean forward my knee is trying to give way producing a sharp pain in the back of the knee.
I have had knee issues in the past but only LT band stuff and some mild cracking/cruching due to some scare tissue.
I really must of wrenched it at the park during the crit.

Suggestions, and oh yeah, I hate doctors.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I am not a doctor, PT or anything but recently had a similar problem, although it was more in the middle / front part of the knee.

What really helped me was sitting down, legs out and back straight up. Then, and I stress my lack of knowledge here, tightening my legs (the quads) to move the knee up. Wait 2-5 seconds and then release. After doing this 10-20 times it seemed to loosen the knee up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
pigpen said:
What did I do?
Been riding 3/4 times a week. Nothing new. but...
Took the girls to watch a Crit Saturday. Sunday I cannot put any weight on my right knee.
I never heard anything pop, no pain until I woke up Sunday morning. Now if I lean forward my knee is trying to give way producing a sharp pain in the back of the knee.
I have had knee issues in the past but only LT band stuff and some mild cracking/cruching due to some scare tissue.
I really must of wrenched it at the park during the crit.

Suggestions, and oh yeah, I hate doctors.
I used to get knee pain after hard rides or after being off the bike for a while. Mainly my right knee, perhaps because I'm right handed and I unconsciously put more effort with my right leg. I started to take Glucosamine daily, and believe it or not, I do not get knee pain anymore! I now swear by it, I really believe it makes a difference. The bottle says it taked 3-6 weeks of taking it before you start feeling results, so don't expect it to work overnight.

·
It's not easy being green
314 Posts
+1 Joint Supplements

Some call it snake oil, but I have the same issue with my left knee. Joint supplements made the pain go away. Sucks getting old!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been thinking of joint pills for some time.
My knee feels better today. I plan on taking the rest of the week off and giving it a little rest.
I think I might have hyperextended it while at the park with the children.

And yes, it does suck getting old.

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
Andy Pruitt

I've had great luck with using Andy Pruitts Complete Medical Guide for Cyclist. Especially for old guy knees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts