Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from an really great 3 week trip of riden around the USA. Got a nice souvenir at the top of Mt Lemmon in Tucson, a big honken chip in my top tube. Every time I look down I see it staring back at me...laughing. What do you guys suggest I fill this gaping gray muthrfudgen hole with? Model paint? Nail polish? Wite out? I tried to just forgetaboutit but I just got the bike last year and all it does it remind me how dupid I yam sometimes.

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol you guys are a huge help. I think I'll just cover the entire bike in duct tape. Problem and future problems SOLVED.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Go to any automotive store (like Auto Zone) and get touch up paint. THey have it in little tubes a little bigger than your thumb.
You will need it again one day.....

·
mrwirey
195 Posts
Hmmmmmm

You could always replace it with a nice steel Italian bike.:cool:

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
My Ciocc has a nice chip in it from chainsuck, and it's white which makes it a cinch to touch up.

I've heard nail polish, Testor's modeling paint (what I use) paint pens. The possibilities are endless.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Kuma601 said:
I wanna hear the story of this adventure...how did you manage to get a chip in the TT? :)
He put it it on a wall to take a picture for RBR and it tipped over.

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
seeborough said:
He put it it on a wall to take a picture for RBR and it tipped over.
hahahah ahhahahah that's funny. Actually I'm not a he, I'm a she and I had leaned against a wall to go potty and it fell over.

I shoulda left it on the wall, it would a been safer there :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you put a pic up, but not of the chip? help thread fail.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
cover w/ souvenir sticker from trip... like they did w/ old suitcases

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i was reminded

by gravity last week that sometimes it is better to just lay your bike on the ground than try to prop it up. it cant fall over if its already on the ground.
post more pics and a rundown in commuting/touring.

you seem to be getting lots of lounge answers. other than testors/touch up paint, not much you can do. maybe repaint the entire thing and put some cannondale stickers on it.
edit: with a chip, maybe you wanna put salsa stickers on it.
im here all week folks. dirty show starts at 10:00. try the veal.

180 said:
hahahah ahhahahah that's funny. Actually I'm not a he, I'm a she and I had leaned against a wall to go potty and it fell over.

I shoulda left it on the wall, it would a been safer there :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i think it's best to put a chip in the bike as soon as leaving your LBS. gets it out of the way. all my bikes have chips in them. the first one hurts, but then i remember i will be putting many more on them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
if the chip has jagged edges around it get some very fine sandpaper and try smoothing them out, try to get the closest colour match you can find, give it a few coats, wait till it dries before you apply the next one, when its dry and hard get the sandpaper again and blend it in, then clear coat it,

im currently doing the same thing to my bike cos some dozy old twonk crashed into it on his stupid bike while mine was minding its own buisness parked against a wall yesterday!!

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
darkest_fugue said:
im currently doing the same thing to my bike cos some dozy old twonk crashed into it on his stupid bike while mine was minding its own buisness parked against a wall yesterday!!
hey glad thats workin out for yeh!! damn twonkers. hey I guess I'm a twonker too now actually since I effed up my own ride lol! I'll give it a whirl, I like little projects. If I really mess it up I'll go do that airbrush thang.

I'll grab a pic of the chip now, headen out for a ride, its 73°and sunny woo yah!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.