Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No SD, Lquigas and Barloworld?

Whos next?

Good job ASO, not having Astana thre REALLY is keeping you from being "emabarrsed" with your race :rolleyes:.

· Banned
608 Posts
DIRT BOY said:

Whos next?

Good job ASO, not having Astana thre REALLY is keeping you from being "emabarrsed" with your race :rolleyes:.
Sure. That's all we need: Bruyneel's crew of dopers to make the race even more of a circus. Never trust a team run by a guy whose nickname in the peloton was "The Hog" because of his insatiatable appetite for dope.

· Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
Sure. That's all we need: Bruyneel's crew of dopers to make the race even more of a circus. Never trust a team run by a guy whose nickname in the peloton was "The Hog" because of his insatiatable appetite for dope.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that they should've invited Astana to this year's Tour. That way, maybe they could've busted some of their riders and nailed Bruyneel's nuts to the wall.

· Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Run1stBike2nd said:
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that they should've invited Astana to this year's Tour. That way, maybe they could've busted some of their riders and nailed Bruyneel's nuts to the wall.
I'm more of the opinion that a failed dope test is a result of error on the part of the rider or his medical staff. Even if Festana was invited and assuming the entire team is doped to the gills, doesn't necessarily mean that they would've been caught. Bruyneel under USPS/Disco and some of the witch doctors he brought over from the pink cell phone company, have been flying under the radar for years. Why should 2008 be any different?

· Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
MG537 said:
I'm more of the opinion that a failed dope test is a result of error on the part of the rider or his medical staff. Even if Festana was invited and assuming the entire team is doped to the gills, doesn't necessarily mean that they would've been caught. Bruyneel under USPS/Disco and some of the witch doctors he brought over from the pink cell phone company, have been flying under the radar for years. Why should 2008 be any different?
Your point is valid.

I guess what I'm saying is that with the more aggressive targeting of certain teams and riders in this year's Tour, having Astana around might have been a good thing since many of us believe that they're still dirty. However, you can't bust riders if they're not in the Tour, and if Astana got through all of this year's doping controls unscathed, then they'd come out of it looking better than before.

· Bea Arthur's Army of Evil
236 Posts
DIRT BOY said:

Whos next?
My money is on Garmin/Chipotle. All that anti-doping talk might be just a smoke screen. Me thinks they doth protest too much. And Magnus withdrawing just around the time we find out there are 10 irregular samples? Suspicious.

· haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
Run1stBike2nd said:
Your point is valid.

I guess what I'm saying is that with the more aggressive targeting of certain teams and riders in this year's Tour, having Astana around might have been a good thing since many of us believe that they're still dirty. However, you can't bust riders if they're not in the Tour, and if Astana got through all of this year's doping controls unscathed, then they'd come out of it looking better than before.
I'd like Astana to have been here, too. Word is the new EPO was detected at the Giro. Aside from Ricco (who you have to assume was doped), wonder who else was using it then?

Whoever was using the new EPO at the Giro thought they could get away with it at the tour. But the sneaky French didn't mention they had the molecular signature for the new stuff and would be testing for it and using a positive test as cause for a search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.